“Gorgeous food.”

Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Portree
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Took a while to get seated while the waiter ignored us. When we got a table it was dirty but, the waiter rushed to get a cloth to clean it. We had to ask for menus as he forgot to give us any. To be fair it was just after lunch and it looked like it had been very busy. Most of the staff were very polite and cheery and the food (I had gravadlax on sourdough) was excellent. Would definitely return but not when it's busy as I think the staff need a bit more training in customer care...maybe someone needs to be front of house to direct them and delegate.

1  Thank TiaJaney
Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This was a nice lunch stop on a quick trip to Portree. Portree is quite a long drive from the Skye Bridge, 38 miles to be exact but seems much longer on the Skye roads. Especially on our one rainy day on a week long trip.
So,in need of sustenance we chanced upon the Granary in Portree's main square. The pulled pork sandwich i had was really delicious. The ladies in our party had sweet potato soup with crusty bread which they enjoyed. We all had a variety of coffees. The girls serving us were cheery and friendly and very attentive. A very enjoyable lunch experience. Prices are average and wont scare you or your wallet . No need for directions as the restaurant is easily found on Portree's main square.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The food at this restaurant was a bit weird. The combination of ingredients was strange. They threw in a lot of things in one dish. For example, the fish fillet that I ordered had two pieces of bacon on top. The taste was alright. The serving was good for the price I paid. The waitresses were quite attentive.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I came to The Granary for lunch and I have mixed feelings about this place in both food and service. I’ll start with food since that’s the more important part.

I got the couscous wrap with chips and the wrap was delicious! Toasted perfectly and great balance of couscous, halloumi, and avocado. However, the avocado wasn’t ripe enough which was slightly disappointing and the coleslaw it came with had too much mayonnaise for my liking.

As for service that’s where I am more mixed. The pro is that the service was fast! They clearly were working as a team to get things to the table when it was hot and ready! The con is that the service was not friendly. Now, I really don’t care if my service comes with a smile or not, that’s not important to me, but what I don’t like is to see the service ignore customers and to hear snide comments about customers. As I was seated so close to the register/beverage station I often heard the servers chatting with each other. More than once I heard rude comments about the customers in the restaurant. Honestly, if the customers were rude or annoying I wouldn’t be writing this, but occasionally the servers complained about customers who just asked simple questions or needed a little help. There was no need for such rudeness to be overheard and quite frankly made me nervous to approach the register myself when it was time to pay.

1  Thank lumosandnox1 .
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Had two meals here. We were greeted with a friendly smile and service was efficient. Food was reasonably priced - there seems to be an agreement of what to charge as most restaurants charge similar prices, Food came to the table in good time and was very tasty. Worthy of recommendation for a nice night out.