All reviews fish and chips family room itison deal bunk beds high tea main course scallops staff were attentive single room cullen skink both nights huge bed breakfast menu first class bottled water tea or coffee waiting staff
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Didn't actually stay here for reasons that will become apparent.
Bought a voucher (itison?) for a 2 night stay, however dates booked coincided with the "Beast from the East". Phoned to find out if reservation could be changed but apparently, no other "voucher" dates available.
Woman I spoke with glibly told me that snow wasn't expected until Tuesday afternoon in Anstruther. Tried to explain that that getting to Anstruther wasn't the problem but coming back south was, as severe snowstorms were forecast. This made absolutely no difference to this individuals mindset. We decided not to travel and as a result lost the money we had paid for the voucher.
I half expected to receive a phone call/email after the effect of the dreadful weather was realised offering an alternative date but no.
Shame on you.
There is no prospect of me ever setting foot in Anstruther again after this experience which is a pity as I normally visit 2/3 times a year. My money will go elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank FrequentTraveller64
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Had a two night midweek break at the Waterfront earlier this month. We have stayed a couple of times before. Fabulous food and attentive, friendly staff who could not do more for us during the stay. Many thanks. We will certainly return.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Took my husband and my family to this lovely restuarant for my husband birthday on a Saturday night.Lovely table by the window all the staff were polite friendly and very helpful .The star of the evening was the delicious hot plentiful food we were served.Some of us choose from the high tea menu which was extremely good value for the portions given .We also ordered from the main menu delicious. I would gratefully like to thank everyone for a wonderful evening and will definitely return .Highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The rooms where clean, comfy and lovely furnished. The staff was really nice and Service was excellent. breakfast was just as good as everything Else. Highly recommend anstruther and the waterfront as a Place for a relaxing holiday!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived late afternoon. Popped into the restaurant to say we’d arrived. Had a very warm greeting from the owners and staff. Was shown to our rooms. The rooms were very clean. Had a tv, kettle clean towels etc. We had a shared bathroom which was again very clean and a very good working shower. Had breakfast in the restaurant and the food was very very good. Just wish we had tried the dinner too. It’s a lovely place in a lovely setting. If you are thinking of staying here you won’t be disappointed. Many thanks. Would love to come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family