We stayed there this weekend as a base to cycle The Purbecks.
- Decent, clean room. Warm, nice towels, recently refurbed.
- Friendly staff
- Great pools, jacuzzi, steam room etc
- Large snooker and pool room
- Plenty of sofas in bar area to relax
- Great location to explore Purbecks
- Phoned in advance to ask if there was secure overnight cycle storage. Was told yes. On arrival found there was just an outside bike rack near reception or a poly tunnel.
- Dinner at restaurant in evening was awful. I'm 46 and it's the first time I've ever had to send food back as too awful to eat. Poor quality, greasy, seemed to have been recooked several times. Replacement dinner barely better. Then on leaving they'd charged us over twice the amount for dinner than the menu price! My advice, check your bill and eat at Halfway Inn just along the road. Lovely there!
- Place tired and in need of refurb but comfortable if your standards aren't toooo high.
Overall gave us a good base for a nice break.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking