All reviews leisure facilities sauna and steam room monkey world spa area buffet style bit dated underfloor heating large bathroom following morning relaxing break great facilities full english an evening meal enjoyable stay two night stay a lovely stay tank museum
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The hotel is in a beautiful location, but the decor is tired and dated, straight from the1980's. There is an all pervading smell of chlorine, and our room was on the ground floor overlooking the kitchen bins. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable, and we resorted to both lying along the edge of it to avoid rolling into the middle. The bar is overpriced, and most of the outdoor furniture is that spindly cast iron stuff that nobody finds comfortable. The breakfast was beyond disappointing; what tasted like instant coffee, anaemic flabby bacon, cheap sausages and lukewarm, congealed beans, and not much of an alternative if you didn't fancy that. We were allowed 1 slice of toast each. The reception staff were pleasant and the barman really nice, but not one single person in the breakfast room said hello, or could even bring themselves to make eye contact. I find this really shocking customer service; a 'hello' does not cost anything at all. The whole stay was beyond depressing and we couldn't wait to leave; this place has all the charm and soul of a travelling salesman's motel. And at £128 per night, I would have expected much more.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank carysedge
Spring_Management, Manager at Springfield Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

The hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment.
The majority of the Standard Rooms have been completed, all of the Superior Room & Executive Rooms have also been totally refurbished with both furnishings and new bathrooms.
New lounge and hotel bar -
We must defend ourselves by saying that the bar prices are far from expensive.
The food served at breakfast is purchased and sausages made by the local butcher - obviously wasted on this occasion.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I had a one night stay in Springfield Country hotel. They have nice staffs and fantastic bedrooms.

However, was disappointed by how I was presented of the complimentary tank museum visit pass. Asked the staff on the first day regarding how I should receive the ticket and told her my family and I will be interested to visit it the next day. Her reply, "Yes let us know tomorrow and we will prepare the ticket for you."

Next morning, when I told them I would like to collect the ticket for a visit, the same person replied that currently, the hotel has not been given the complimentary ticket physically by the museum and I would need to pay the entrance to the tank museum ticket and come back to pass her back the entrance receipt so she can offset the cost off my total hotel bill.

Disappointed. As I was only staying for a night, I would definitely appreciate her letting me know upfront on the first day when I asked. It makes me feel like this information was intentionally withheld on the first day.

For traveler who are interested in this offer, pls note the process.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Wayne C
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We stayed as a large group at Springfield and the staff were very courteous and attentive during our visit. We all used the indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and steam rooms. A full english option is available at breakfast together with cereals, fruit, yogurt etc. at no extra cost. Some of the rooms and decor are a little tired but the price is great value for money. Would recommend.
P.S. If you're lucky you will get served by 'Bev the barmaid' who doesn't actually work there.

Room tip: There is a small block of 7 rooms available outside the main hotel if you want a quiet stay or you are visiting as a small group.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Had a great weekend with friends. Facilities were a great bonus chilling in the spa. Food was great & the location was perfect to explore Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door, Brownsea island & Sandbanks. Thanks to all the staff for making us feel so welcome! We'll be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We have visited this hotel before however our stay this time wasn't quite the same...we opted for a standard room this time instead of superior and it was definitely not as nice, The hotel is in major need of a refurb, the rooms are very outdated, carpet is wearing away, wallpaper coming off of the walls.

The spa part is lovely we had one of the best massages ever! It was so relaxing I would highly recommend anyone who visits to have a treatment!

The swimming pool is nice but again needs to be refurbed, could do with brightening up with new sun beds and a bit of greenery like palm trees etc.

Pros: nice jacuzzi, lovely spa treatment Nice comfy bed, quiet surroundings, lots of parking, friendly staff, the bar area is all new and looks really modern. Well kept gardens out the front.

Cons: extremely hot rooms! Our room was 205 and it had a boiler cupboard in it which made it even hotter! We opened the window which made no difference. Drinks at the bar are very overpriced £5 for an appletiser and small red bull.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie P