“Lovely stay in quiet picturesque location”
other travellers have booked this property
The famous Portland Bill lighthouse.
Galley kitchen with stunning sea views from the window. Complimentary tea, coffee. Mini grill/oven. Modern airy lounge area with fantastic sea views, flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The famous Portland Bill lighthouse.
Comfy beds for a restful night's  sleep..
Modern en-suite bathroom, toilet and Mira mains shower.
Complimentary toiletries.
Breakfast bar and lounge with sea view.Two bar stools.
Maritime House reception in the Art Deco building.
The on site modern Ocean hotel.
Portland lighthouse with old quarry workings.
Portland Bill lighthouse.
Ocean view from the apartment window.
Beautiful Portland sunset.
Views across fields to bird observatory.
Pulpit Rock.
Rainbow over Portland Bill lighthouse.
Chesil beach.
Waves crashing over Pulpit Rock.
People observing the sunset.
Beach huts by the sea.
Sunset on breaking wave.
View of the lighthouse across fields.
Dramatic sunset.
View of Portland.
Olympic rings.
Sunset over the water.
Sunset at Church Ope Cove.
Sunset.
Sunset over Chesil beach.
Sunset.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
julia f
Newport, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay in quiet picturesque location”
Reviewed 8 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a lovely stay in Dorset. It was our first time to the area, which we found quiet, friendly and beautiful to look at. The weather was great which made our sea view even better!
Our apartment was just what we were looking for. It was clean, amenities were provided and it was in a nice quiet location. Our host Chris made sure we were well informed about everything before we arrived and made some great recommendations for us during our stay.

A lovely part of the country and great accommodation, thank you Chris!

23 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for your great review. I'm really pleased that you had a lovely stay in Dorset; enjoyed the quiet location, good weather and sea views. Once again many thanks for your comments.
Simon N
“Very average”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Beautiful is not a fair description of this property, it's indistinctly average at best and not very good value on that basis.

23 Aug 2017
Thank you for your review. If you care to read the other reviews you would see that most guests have been very happy with the accommodation. I guess that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
William C
“A view to die for!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Apartment was clean and tidy, modern and had most everything we needed. No hob or cooker but there was a microwave, toaster and a portable electric oven. Shower was too small for me but I have that problem in most places. My wife said it was fine. We kept smelling smoke in the hallway and I'd swear it was coming through the extractor fan as well. Possibly people smoking in a neighbouring apartment. May not bother you but it did me. Portland is a great place to visit/ stay and is not far from Weymouth or even Bournemouth for a day trip. The views from the apartment windows are to die for and made it well worth it for us despite it raining for most of our stay in July ??? I would 100% recommend this apartment to anyone who is looking to stay in Portland. Very quiet and peaceful. ALL BUILDING WORK HAS LONG SINCE FINISHED. Take a drive up Verne Common Road and see one of the best views on the island.

We fell in love with Portland during our stay and can't wait to go back again.

Your age range 35-49
23 Sep 2017
Many thanks for your superb 5 star review and 100% recommendation. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the piece,quiet and a "view to die for". I have investigated the smoke smell as that has never happened before. The family responsible were tenants in another apartment and have now been evicted as smoking is strictly forbidden anywhere in the building. I apologise for this inconvenience and hope it didn't spoil your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future with hopefully better weather.
Judith M
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Once been must come back again”
Reviewed 24 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Apartment very well appointed and clean very modern with fantastic views,a little confusing finding it with post code,look for maritime house and school logo, dont go to maritime hotel as we did!once you sort it out quite easy to find,lift to 2nd floor from the atrium.had a meal in the hotel very nice but only pay with card as they dont take cash!couldnt use bus service as too​ far to walk with disabled partner.would certainly recommend this to everyone will come again

11 Jul 2017
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to post this great review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the wonderful views from the modern apartment and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
theabbotp...
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Sudio in an unusual location”
Reviewed 31 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This is the most difficult of my many reviews on TA, but as always I try and be fare and objective.
Dealing with Chris, and later his partner,was very straightforward and emails and inquiries were answered promptly and helpfully.
On arriving at the location i was somewhat taken aback as it appeared to be in a small industrial estate whuch was still under construction, and that the actual apartment was above a school which was in the process of being finished for the start of the new term.
When we got to the actual flat it was with a sense of relief that it really was quite nice, and whilst it was a studio apartment,it was really more spacious than i expected.
The place was clean and comfortable, and had nice views out to the lighthouses and sea.
Although nobody could call Portland an attractive place, it is after all a massive stone quarry with some unattractive housing estates, this little apartment was only a few minutes walk to the south west coastal footpath which allowed marvellous views of the Dorset coast,with some really good walking.
I always intended to use Maritime House as a base for day trips, and it served that purpose well.
I suppose the definition of any holiday rental is would you return. I asked my daughter this question, she said that whilst she had enjoyed her holiday in Sardinia a couple of weeks before, she preferred her stay in Portland. I too enjoyed our time here and would be happy to go back again.
The only criticism i have is that i would have liked a couple of hob rings for cooking rather than the oven. So if that's the worst i can say then it wasn't bad at all.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
2 Sep 2016
Thank you very much for your comprehensive review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in the spacious studio apartment as well as the views to the lighthouse and sea. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing