“Don’t do it if got allergies”
Review of Golden Dragon

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Dragon
Ranked #126 of 133 Restaurants in Bridport
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went in about 6 months ago and explained about my allergies( wheat , gluten and diary ) , she started to list the things I could safely have , after the first two things I was sold . I didn’t need to hear anymore. So for 3 very successful takeaways I had the chilli chips and peking ribs ( lovely) HOWEVER on the 4 th visit I ordered the same and within 20 minutes felt very ill. I had chronic stomach cramps and was bad for 3 days. Tonight my husband suggested we try again as it might have been coincidental and not the food. When I phoned to order my usual I mentioned my allergies, she told me the chips were not gluten free as cooked in same oil as many other dishes containing gluten !!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say we did not order. I will never use here again . THEY NEED TO STICK TO THE COOKING PRACTICES. DO NOT USE IF HAVE ALLERGIES AS THEY CHANGE THEIR POLICIES AS THEY GO ON.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Loved it so tasty been here a few times and cannot fault it what so ever only live round the corner so quite handy for a cheeky treat the chicken balĺs are the best

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Not good , crispy chilli beef , with no beef in , chicken balls like submarines, truly the worst meal ever

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank steveblakesley
Reviewed 2 January 2020

Really tasty meal! Thanks for the good food! Just what we needed and we're pleased not to have to cook!

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2019

The past... As a Couple our first try of this Chinese takeaway was about 5 years ago and from what we remember the food was beyond awful and vowed never to go back.
The present.... Reluctantly we decided to give it another try as our usual takeaway has gone, and have to say that overall on the food we ordered it wasn't that bad, with the standout item being the 'sweet and sour chicken balls' on this occasion would have to mark them 5* plus, they were far and the best we've ever had (let's hope this is normal and not a one of) and the accompanying sauce wasn't that bad either. One of the other items ordered was Chicken Satay with veggies, this was ok but could be improved massively if the 'satay sauce' was a bit thicker, as the one we has was somewhat waterey, so instead of wrapping itself around the meat and veggies and making it all glorious and yummy, it just sat at the bottom of the container looking somewhat sad.
Overall we enjoyed what we had and would try it again.

Date of visit: July 2019