All reviews doyles restaurant woolacombe bay sea view loft suite lovely hotel kippers pitch and putt spa treatments self catering seaside hotel tennis courts family hotel steam room outdoor pool table tennis cream tea main restaurant
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

We have just got home from an amazing weekend at this beautiful hotel. Excellent first impressions. Fabulous, friendly, helpful staff. Lovely clean room with a sea view, which I would highly recommend.
Very relaxing, peace and quiet all weekend! We will definitely be returning!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Our first time in North Devon and will definitely be back, Hotel was excellent but the staff made the stay even more enjoyable they went out of there way to make us feel at home as for the food that was superb you definitely will not eat anywhere else in the village and if you want to finish the breakfast don't eat the day before it is huge.

Room Tip: Had room 105 view was superb.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

We had arranged the Woolacombe Bay Hotel as a venue for my husbands party. We booked the Loft suite which was amazing and stayed the Friday night first where we enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. In the evening we had a lovely meal in Doyle's restaurant on site, very tasty food.
The next morning we had breakfast in our room which was delicious, more than enough to eat.
We had booked the Lookout and Lighthouse rooms for our parents, these rooms were also beautiful, well equipped and tastefully decorated.
Sam Edwards the events planner,had helped us put all our plans together, which involved a family lunch for just over 20 of us. Everyone enjoyed the 3 course meal. Then in the afternoon we all chilled out. Myself , my mum and mother in law all had treatments on site at the spa.All three of us came out feeling truly pampered.
The evening was a party for about 90 friends and family, the entertainment we arranged ourself but the hotel provided the buffet which went down well.
The following morning we had breakfast in the dining room before we checked out.
We have to say that the weekend was faultless, all the staff were so polite and helpful, the rooms were spotless and well equipped and our celebratory weekend was perfect.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank julieDevonUK
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting, but I have to agree with the review about disabled facilities. Staff are helpful, but clearly inexperienced when it comes to implementing their own accessibility procedures. I think the hotel would benefit from a third party access audit and actually testing their services in focus groups of people with disabilities. They need to understand what it feels like to be the poor person rammed into an inadequate lift, rooms with steps, locking the only access door into the hotel and so on. The experience of a disabled guest is one of inconvenience and that's not right for a high quality (and high price) hotel.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

My mother spent a small fortune on a family visit. We were in woolacombe to scatter my father's ashes, yet we spent far too much time dealing with this hotel's inability to deal with a visitor in a wheelchair

Firstly, we were allocated a room with a huge step, despite it being explained when booking re my lack of mobility. It took an eternity to be given another room.

Secondly the lift has barely enough room for a wheelchair and is borderline dangerous.

Finally, entrance and exit is via the bistro- not exactly convenient. Especially when the doors kept being locked - thoughtless ...

We won't be returning. Not until major changes are made for disabled visitors.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank snegags
WoolacombeBayHotel, Front Office Manager at The Woolacombe Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Thank you for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor, your comments are very much appreciated but I am saddened to hear that we have not been able to exceed your expectations.

I would really welcome the opportunity to discuss the problems that you encountered during your stay, please do feel free to contact me directly on 01271 870388.

Thank you once again for your contribution and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards