“Decidedly average.”
Review of Blue Velvet Bistro

Blue Velvet Bistro
Ranked #24 of 88 Restaurants in Tiverton
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Hmmm, not sure where all the “excellent” reviews come from ! The centre of Tiverton is not exactly blessed with a lot of choice but from the outside, this bistro looked like one of the more interesting places, plus they serve Lavazza coffee. It’s a bit quirky inside and definitely needs a makeover, I found it quite dated and depressing. Oddly there are disco balls and nightclub spotlights hanging from the ceiling. Those plus the sparkly coverings on the supporting columns made us wonder what this place turns into after hours!. The place was busy the lunchtime we went in, though only one staff member on the floor meant a little delay in having our orders taken. I shouldn’t complain though, the poor girl was working as hard as she could. Our food arrived quickly and it was nice and hot but a little uninspiring in terms of presentation and taste. Overall we would rate this as very much average.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Great welcome, good service and menu and freshly prepared food, not a lot open in Tiverton on Sunday, even so this place was clearly favourite with locals having well priced
roast dinners. We had sandwiches and omelettes chips etc. from a pretty extensive menu.
This is a café style licensed bistro, not a four star restaurant and does a really good job at a very reasonable cost

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Surprised by the high rating. This was an average place to go for lunch. I had the full English and my partner had tuna mayo. The full English was okay, but the tuna mayo was pretty revolting. It came as a big pile of slop on the plate, not very appetising and pretty poor quality.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Well what can I say we were a group of 9 which was 6 adults and 3 children,my starter was tomato and basil soup which was lovely my partner had mac and cheese which was done in the shape of mozzarella sticks they were yummy ! I had traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings to be honest a kids portion would have done me there was loads and it was cooked perfectly,I'm a very fussy eater but had no complaints the other half had gammon which he really enjoyed too ! We were so full we took our desserts home which were delicious,thank you soooo much for a very enjoyable xmas dinner we were a bit worried about eating out on xmas day but I'm sooo glad we did and it was a very good price thanks again !!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Wandered into Tiverton on a very quiet but sunny November day. Tiverton happened to be closed before 2pm on this lovely day, but as myself and partner walked through the deserted streets, we came upon the Blue Velvet Bistro. The atmosphere was very much league of gentlemen, but two cups of tea and a very nice Belgian waffle with a pastry described as having “crushed grapes” soon had our energy levels back to requirements and we were on our merry way. Hopefully we can return one evening and try the lively night life.

1  Thank Jeff C