“Best fish and chips in town”
Review of Penguin Fish

Penguin Fish
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Tiverton
Reviewed 20 August 2018

My husband loves this place, and makes sure he visits on a regular basis. I love the shop frontage, so in character with the old street. Well done.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

These guys do the best fish & chips in Tiverton. Can't fault them. We have tried other chippys in the area, but they aren't a patch on Penguin!

1  Thank Micksgirlfriend
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Always really lovely fresh and tasty fish and chips from here - they never make too much so it’s always hot. The batter is lovely too - highly recommend here

Reviewed 1 February 2018

My husband picked up fish and chips for himself and savaloy and chips for me. After a long journey travelling back to Devon I was looking forward to not having to cook. The previous reviews were so good I thought this would be our best choice. Oh! Boy was I wrong. My chips were hard and under cooked so most of them got thrown away and the savaloy was o.k. until I got half way through it. It started to taste very strange, then I realized what I was tasting - it was soap/hand cleaner. It's nice to know that they have a clean establishment but this was going a bit too far. Sorry but on this occasion you haven't convinced this customer to come back soon.

3  Thank marybN7981XQ
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Not a UK resident any more I decided to show my Thai son fish and chips, this was rated as the best not only here but by Tivvy residents so we tried it. Nothing to fault on the food and the service & happy to see recyclable & biodegradable packaging in use throughout.

Of course nothing beats the old newspaper wrapping but understand that can no longer be done.

Recommended!

Given the questions asked below ought to point out that it is a takeaway, don't come to sit down (but, in the daytime there will be seats down by the river Lowman).