“There 'Nachos', they're ours!...and the Sharing platter also.”
Review of The Hunting Lodge

The Hunting Lodge
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Ivybridge
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2019

Another great evening at the Hunting Lodge and another great sharing platter. this time though we added Nachos to the side as well as were extra hungry. felt they could of done with the cheese mixed in more as though a generous portion the cheese was just sat on the top and none of the nachos under top layer had anything on them. came with very generous pots of Salsa and Guacamole to dip. once again great priced food, friendly welcoming staff, and super quick service.

2  Thank Fatty-Thumb
Write a reviewReviews (333)

Reviewed 8 December 2019

Friendly service, good atmosphere, vegetables too soggy for my liking, nutroast tasty. Good value for money, dog friendly a bonus.

1  Thank littleblonde52
Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

Saturday evening visit. Carvery was excellent. Delicious meat, good portion, help yourself to the veg and gravy. Friendly, cosy atmosphere and good service. A lovely time!

Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

Was excited by all the specials on the board. Payed 8.95 for ham egg and chips and it took over 30 minutes to come out and the ham was so cold as if it had just come from fridge. No apologies or explanations for wait, and they didn’t notice I barely touched my food. Ordered a dessert as soon as I finished my food as I was still hungry and it just took the mick. We Waited over half an hour and I started to get irritated as I knew it would just be heated in the microwave, my partners Sunday came out wrong and we waited even longer for it. Really won’t be coming back as they didn’t do anything about our food waiting times and so average! Staff were all polite but I’m upset I spent mondey here today to be honest

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank brightonbrollie
Reviewed 3 November 2019

What better way to send a wet windy November night then in the pub with a drink or two and a bit of comfort eating with a decent sized Sharing Platter of pub favours.

Sharing Platter is £6.95 PP (2,3 or 4) , for two in came with 8x Chicken strip, 8x Onion Rings, 4x Mozzarella sticks, 4x Garlic Bread and 2x Potato skins and 3x big pots of dip ( Guacamole, Sweet Chilli, and oh so nice BBQ sauce). Everything was very nice and both of us felt satisfying full with are share, did debate ordering Nachos as extra as often with combo platters but was happy with what had.

Staff friendly and attentive as always :)

Date of visit: November 2019