“Idylic Autumn getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Stream runs through garden
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Stream runs through garden
Double Room
Twin Room
Utility room with washing machine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Idylic Autumn getaway”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

I will firstly apologise to Lynda, as this review has been a long time coming!

I cannot describe in words the cottage and the location - it has to be seen and experienced to be believed. All I can say is that the cottage is magical, it is a location that is a home away from home, and boy did I feel at home there.

It was a lovely Autumn weekend that my partner & I stayed at the cottage, being a short holiday for the pair of us - but respite for me. Katarina, made sure that we were enjoying our stay via text message; which is a really lovely touch.

Where the cottage is situated is at the end of the lane, and you just feel that you are at the edge of the world as it is so peaceful. All that I can say is that whatever I expected of the cottage it was given to me and more!

We both enjoyed our stay and will return, as it fulfilled everything that we were looking for and more. I came back home a different person and that as I keep saying is the magic that the cottage holds.

Thank you Lynda for giving me and my sparkle back x

Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

leeleecla...
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“little bit off Heaven on earth”
Reviewed 5 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

I have no words to explain how beautiful this place is it's totally magical. Lynda was total gem and loved my two dogs who wanted to be with her more than me lol I would highly highly recommend this place might be a little bit out of the way but it is so worth it. Arrived to a lovely table off scones and tea and Lynda was always on hand to help made a friend in a place that is so isolated but amazing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The isolation of the property the magical feeling you get the peace and quiet
Liked least: No wifi
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
montanagi...
Conrad, Montana
“Quintessential Irish Experience!”
Reviewed 17 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Imagine my delight upon entering the yard and finding the cottage of my dreams! It felt like I had walked into one of the scenes from the Irish novels I am so fond of. The décor is something which could be featured in "Country Living" magazine down to the last detail. A cozy stove, the table laid to tea including the best soda bread in Ireland, a country lane to walk, everything my heart could desire!!! Even when the weather was inclement, the cottage was a haven from the elements, allowing me time to sit next to the stove, catch up on my reading, and drink even more tea (of course). It seemed far off the beaten path at first but is very conveniently located to the town of Knock, Claremorris, and Ballyhaunis. Lynda the owner was staying in the main house and I enjoyed sharing a cup of tea on several occasions and learning more about the cottage. Catherina (the baker of the wonderful bread) shared her dog, Ben. He and I had many lovely walks together. I would recommend this cottage if you want to have a fabulous Irish experience, peace and quiet, and a great base location for touring the surrounding areas.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ambience and feel of the place and the area.
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jane Y
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Peace and solace”
Reviewed 31 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Highly recommend this beautiful peaceful place to get away from the hussle and bustle of everyday life... All your needs can be met in this beautifully renovated cottage.. Whilst your emotional solace and relaxing can be met in the peaceful surroundings.. Totally recommend .. Ssssh don't tell anyone x

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
1 Jun 2016
What a lovely review, thanks so much! Lynda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing