1,184 results
All reviews leisure centre conservatory bar executive room woodland walk lovely hotel the outdoor hot tub kids club bit dated short break main restaurant relaxing stay last weekend beautiful location saturday night food was lovely bar food stayed here for one night
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Found a great rate on hotel website today, wanted to book a few rooms together so rang hotel to confirm cancellation/ammendment policy for the rooms on one booking. I was advised to book over phone for peace of mind in which the rate for 1 double room increased by 120 euro. I told the girl the online rate was cheaper, ended the phone call and went to book online straight away in which my dates were no longer available for booking. A bit coincidental seen as i had found them numerous times prior to phoning. I'm sorry i took the advise of the receptionist to book over the phone, I've booked elsewhere as the price difference was going to be around 500 euro dearer than the rate i had online. (No wonder the dates disappeared)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle B
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Further to our recent correspondence. I am pleased that this matter has been resolved satisfactorily.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I stayed here recently on a business trip, and was impressed with the facilities available. It is a well-appointed hotel for the price, and the rooms are comfortable, and very, very quiet - it was possibly the quietest hotel room I ever stayed in! Staff were friendly and efficient, and the dinner available in the bar was nice. Breakfast was fine too. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback which I have shared with my team.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Myself and my wife stayed for three nights at the end of April. We booked a three night package with bed and breakfast and evening meal .The bedroom was clean and tidy but was cold .The wardrobe was like the leaning tower of Pisa and looked as if it could fall forward . The rail in the wardrobe was very short as it went from the back to the front and not from side to side as is usual.The hot tap in the bathroom sounded like a drill drilling through a wall.On our first evening we both went for the beef meal . It was gritty and tough and three quarters of it was inedible.The evening menu was limited and I had battered fish as I dare not go for beef again. I like soup for starters and as they put cream into it I could not avail of it and had to settle for one of the other options . The deserts again were limited as most contain cream so on two evenings we had rhubarb and apple crumble . This was not available on third evening so we went for fresh fruit pavlova which was more a fresh cream pavlova . I ordered a glass of wine for my wife and a brandy and a dash of port for myself and was charged 10.10 euro for the brandy and port . Breakfast was excellent only on one morning I made toast only to see that it was blue moldy. I pointed this out to the waiter and he replaced it.I was short changed five euro on the second night and as the lady who served me had gone off I had to bring it to the attention of the the other bar man who looked after me. On the last night I was drinking red wine and paid two different prices for the same drink. The staff were very helpful and friendly and were very busy and appeared to be multi-tasking which is difficult for them.I would not include the evening meal in a package again as it leaves one limited to the same menu and if it has not a selection that suites you just have to stick with it.The hotel is in a great location with lots of beautiful scenery all about and we enjoyed the break but were disappointing with the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patjfeeney9823
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

We are extremely sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occasion and that there were aspects of your stay you were not completely satisfied with. I very much regret not having had the opportunity of resolving your dissatisfaction prior to your departure.

Your feedback is very important in our constant efforts to offer faultless service. I assure you your unfortunate experience is not a true reflection of the highest hospitality and culinary standards we provide here on a constant basis.

On a positive note I am pleased to hear you thought our location was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion when it will be my pleasure to personally oversee your stay and ensure that your future impression is much more positive.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Hi

Stayed at this hotel for two nights from 24th April to 26th April.
The views from the hotel were stunning with the Wicklow mountains all around.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Staff were very friendly and always willing to give whatever assistance they could.

Food was first rate and competitively priced.

In all a first rate premises

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
KarlQuinn, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your custom and also for sharing your impressions of the Glenview Hotel.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, the comfort of your room, the food and friendly service from the team. We are blessed to be in one of the most beautiful setting in Ireland, with amazing views of the Glen of the Downs.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back and thank you in person for your custom and this lovely review of the Glenview Hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as a family with two young kids on a sunny Saturday. Climbed the Sugarloaf first which is only 5 minutes away. Staff were extremely pleasant and accommodating. Ate in the bar and food was delicious. Leisure suite is clean and the water was warm! Buffet breakfast relaxed and plenty of choice. Can’t fault the Glenview. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the Glenview again soon.