Zetland Country House Hotel
US$147
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsunexpected treathuge treatwarm hospitalityold worldother guestsmartinaleylandredmondconnemarairelandretreatturf
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I have stayed at the Zetland many times since a youth in 1957. It has gone through a variety of owners, all with different personalities, but all have reflected the warmth and charm of this very special place. The hotel exudes peace and tranquility, restfulness, and a place to unwind, to catch up with reading, or just a quiet chat by the turf fire. The warmth of the welcome from Colm and Martina greets you on the doorstep. Plenty of tea and cake; at all times, and not charged for! Decor may be more charm than contemporary, but that is what Connamara is about.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DSF98
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This sweet property was as comfortable as coming home! Our small group of 6 women stayed here for 4 nights. It was so charming, as was out host, the proprietor Colm. The entire staff was very attentive without being imposing. The food was delicious, the menu creative and everything was served with a smile! I would recommend this property to any traveler from honeymooners to equestrians to fishermen to general tourists.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank SkateRideDanceDreams
Reviewed 25 August 2016

I actually stayed in the Hotel up the road, but my uncle stayed here and I ate here one night. Firstly the room - a massive room, enormous bed, gorgeous painted wash-hand basin, bathrobes. Secondly the welcome - from my initial phone call to book the room, to the welcome on arrival, to the service during dinner, I couldn't fault this hotel. Martina was so welcoming, and made us feel right at home. There were 11 of us for dinner, and she remembered everyone's name while serving (yes, she seems to do everything from reception to waitress to bar staff). As I was with American visitors, the traditional Irish bar which is part of the hotel was a real bonus, and the live music was a treat. I know where I'll be staying next time I'm back down in this area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Trinash
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed here for the last 2 nights of our honeymoon having spent nearly a week in 2 other hotels in Kerry & Clare & it was definitely the highlight. From beginning to end our experience was exceptional thanks to Colm & Martina. From the warm welcome to the hugs and kisses and best wishes for our future when we were leaving, the sincerity of it was striking, you just don't get it anymore. It's in a beautiful setting and is a great base for seeing the area. Can't recommend it enough, we'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the bay
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnneMeathHill
Reviewed 2 August 2016

The Zetland Country House Hotel was just what we needed after a noisy night in Galway city centre... stunning, quiet location with gardens overlooking the water, good food, super-large Bedroom, great atmosphere and exceptionally friendly and helpful management and staff. Would strongly recommend for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family