“Keep Driving. You'll be glad you did.”

Papa's Old Fashion Bbq
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Erin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We decided to give Papa's Old Fashioned Bbq another chance. I want to like this place. I really do. However, they can't seem to get it right. I ordered a smoked chicken plate. Hubby ordered pulled pork. Both of us waited approximately 40 minutes before half of the food came out. Of course, it was my husband's food. His pork was ice cold. He ordered potato salad. Macaroni salad arrived instead. The server took part of his food to "reheat". She left the part that was "right". However, WHY?? So I guess hubby can eat his meal in stages. He can eat the corn muffin and the other side without the main part of his meal. This is unacceptable. None of the folks who run the place or work there would be happy with this type of service. Why should patrons be expected to accept it. My food arrived. The chicken was cold. I asked for chopped onions and jalapeños. Of course, neither of these were present. The server took my plate. Three minutes later my food arrived back to the table. Still no chopped onions and no jalapeños. The chicken was so overly microwaved, it was stuck together and crispy on the edges. I don't know why I decided to try Papa's one more time.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place. The tables are greasy. The chairs are dirty and sticky. The bathroom is disgusting. The hallway to the bathroom is disgusting. On two occasions, I exited the bathroom to see large plastic tubs full of corn muffins. They looked like tubs from the laundry section at Walmart. I use the same plastic tub to bathe my dog. These are not food grade nor are they safe for food. No telling what toxic chemicals are leaching into the corn muffins. I've been to PaPa's six times. Five of the six times I've visited, they were out of what I wanted to order. I can understand periodically running out of things but five of six visits is ridiculous. Each time we've eaten there, we arrived during early dinner hours. We didn't arrive late and expect a full menu selection. I understand. The owners don't want to risk wasting food and thus losing money. They would rather inconvenience customers. Each time I've visited Papa's, we drive almost an hour into the middle of nowhere. Oh, and if you want a fountain drink, forget it. Instead, you can substantially over pay for a warm can of soda and servers will bring you a greasy plastic cup of ice. There are no refills on soda. Save your money. It's just not worth it. I'm terribly disappointed. I truly hoped to love this place. On a positive note, the servers have always been helpful and sweet.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Real Deal..For a Good Meal..I knw good food when I see it! It's always great to find good a friendly ppl..thanks for the Meal

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Place may look a little small, but definately good BBQ and the have fresh pork rinds for sale. Great place to stop if you're driving thru.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2015

BBQ pulled pork did not come with sauce, and we made the mistake of ordering it with sauce, it was pure vinegar and salt. Cole Slaw was good and creamy. Service was order at the window, carry it to the table. Only time we were asked if we needed anything or if everything was ok was when the lady came out and sat across the table from us to smoke a cigarette. Wouldn't vote this as my favorite place to eat. Just ok.

Date of visit: September 2014

Been to Papa's Old Fashion Bbq? Share your experiences!