“Come for cake, but don't leave without having a meal!”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #25 of 875 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were on our way to Gatlinburg last January and I was searching for a lunch stop near Chattanooga.....little did I know I'd find a gold mine attached to a Best Westen hotel! City Cafe Diner has a menu bigger than the Cheesecake Factory, though with more variety......and the cake? Oh my God. The absolute best we'd ever had! We took one piece with us to Gatlinburg (you cannot eat a meal there and still have room for a bite of cake!) Anyway, that one piece fed us breakfast for 3 days! Needless to say, we stopped again on our way home for lunch and, of course, took cake home to our families! Now, they're all hooked. 5 stars all the way.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We usually eat here when we stay at the Best Western. The restaurant is conveniently attached to it and gives a 10 percent discount if you are staying there. We do not eat wheat so we really enjoy their flourless chocolate cake. This time we shared a gyro platter and had cake. Both are large enough to share! We would have thrown food away if we had ordered more. As it was we took as much cake as we ate away with us. Food was excellent and portions very generous especially considering the reasonable prices.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are travelling and stopped here, per a recommendation by a friend. My husband ordered a haddock sandwich with a baked potato. I ordered a veggie stir fry, which came with little corns on the cob, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, green peppers and mushrooms, served over rice. We both ordered water. Our waitress was Latosha, who was very attentive and tried to anticipate our needs. The check came to $23.00, including tax. We would come back.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Breakfast served all day. Lots to choose from. A little bit for everyone. Lots of food for the price.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I drove up for my wife’s birthday this weekend and decided to just eat at the Diner since we are staying at the Best Western. It is FANTASTIC!

I had a great (and cheap) bacon burger and my wife had a nice salad and the Pasta Louisiana, which she loved. The service was friendly and quick, and the overall atmosphere is delightful. It’s bright, spacious, has fun music (audible but not too loud), and we were seated immediatey despite it being smack in prime dinner time.

We loved it and will be coming back to try the desserts in a couple days!