All reviews full kitchen parking lot front desk staff keurig gps highway guests lobby bathroom
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Great lobby, fine breakfast, outdoor gas grill for outside use, great bathroom.I had a problem with my room because it overlooked the outdoor, gas area, because of the noise, which continued until after 10 p.,m and we were on the 3rd floor. They also have a small breakfast area compared with the number of rooms in the hotel. Great desk staff, especially Vicki. We had difficulty finding the hotel, so bring your GPS.

Room tip: overlook the back of the hotel, not the fire pit.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChristopherG3288, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Spartanburg Westgate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Hi 325dave2122,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Spartanburg Westgate. We appreciate your giving us a score of 5 on your review.

I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Vicki, our staff always likes to see when they are recognized for outstanding service.

We hope to see you again next time you are in Spartanburg. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We just stayed there this passed weekend while visiting our son at college. This is a very nice brand new property. The lobby was very nicely decorated, the front desk staff was professional and very nice. We stayed in the studio room and it was beautiful. The decor was very pretty and there was plenty of room with a full kitchen, sofa, desk as well as a small table to eat at. The bathroom was beautiful as well. The door was solid, closed quietly as well the shower was heavenly. We did not try the breakfast, but it looked to have quite a bit of variety and was kept clean. The outdoor area was very nice, wish the pool was still open as it was still a very warm weekend. We would definitely stay there every time we visit our son.

I have two recommendations for management, one is the front door area for loading and unloading, there is no covered area for guests or cars to unload or load if it is raining. Also I understand this is a new construction area, but the property is very hard to find in the dark. There are no lighted signs directing you to the property and the road is still very new for GPS. Any type of lighted sign showing you where to go would be great as the property is hidden behind another hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ChristopherG3288, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Spartanburg Westgate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi Sheri E.,

We appreciate your taking time to write a review of the Residence Inn Spartanburg Westgate. It's so nice to hear how you appreciated the design and décor of our suites as well as our lobby and outside space. I also appreciate your suggestions regarding our registration loading area as well as our signage. We anticipate our direction signage will have power to be lit up at night soon.

We are happy you will continue to be a guest of ours when you come to Spartanburg to visit your son. See you next time!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

A new Residence Inn is going to hit the mark. We're here now in the hotel and service has been exceptional too. They have smart tvs in the rooms, and that's good. I usually bring a chromecast with me for installation, but I forgot it. The outdoor seating area is nice with a fire pit and grill like I see at other favorite Residence Inns.

If I had to be really picky my only complaints would be:

1. No USB ports in the rooms.
2. It's October, but the weather is beautiful. They should delay pool closings and base it off of general weather and not dates.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Since we live so close to the beach, we had to evacuate for Hurricane Florence! This location is newly built with clean floors and crispy white sheets! The bathroom in the studio was beautiful and I adored the walk in shower! We took advantage of the full kitchen and refrigerator since we were evacuated. I enjoyed complimentary breakfast each morning and a light work out in the fitness room! Thank you for being gracious hosts! We will certainly be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ChristopherG3288, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Spartanburg Westgate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hello Sightsee757191,

Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Spartanburg Westgate. I am glad we were able to accommodate you during your evacuation. I am sure this was a very stressful time for you and it is great to hear that we were able to provide you a homelike environment. We hope to see you again, hopefully not due to another hurricane!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is 20 days old. Awesome room layouts, happy staff, clean and new. I love it. 2 minutes from the mall and food. Easy reach to highway.

Even the guests were all happy. Well it could have been the beer and wine on Wednesday night that made everyone happy. Lol. Nonetheless, come check it out.

Date of stay: July 2018
Christopher G, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Spartanburg Westgate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Hello Joe C.

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Spartanburg Westgate. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us! As a brand new hotel, it is great to have happy guests such as you spread the word about the hotel.

I hope that you become a regular guest with us whenever your travels bring you back to Spartanburg!