“Tradition of Excellence”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2018

There's a reason this restaurant has been in existence for over 70 years. It's the same reason people are willing to stand in line on the sidewalk to get in. We spent a week in Ocean Drive and ate two lunches and two dinners there. Great family atmosphere, great service, and Calabash style seafood to die for. Good meat + 3 menu choices, but I never got past the small seafood platter. Anywhere else I can eat a large, but I needed a go - box with the small. Good salad bar, too. Didn't get there for a breakfast, and don't know how they can keep that pace all day. We''ll be back.

4  Thank RetiredonLakeMurray
Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We have by this place many times and often saw a line and never went in because we didn't want to wait in line. But with the golfers we were eating dinner late and walked right in. Just what I expected. Good family food, great service and lots of variety. No wonder they have been there 69 years! Great food and great value.

I would like to try breakfast there sometime too.

1  Thank Datsun280Z
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This seemed more like a locals place, and of course that means they take real good care of the food and the service. It isnt the fancy decor you come for here, it is a truly local joint. But the food is really good, you can get calabash style meals here, and I did, and it was very good. The waitress was super friendly, and the food came out pretty darn quick. I will go back here.

3  Thank JohnD-3701
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Too much fried stuff for me, but it is S Carolina, and they do love their fried stuff. But food was good, has salad bar, friendly service, good prices. It has the feel of a local place, people lined up at the door. I can recommend it.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

As many times as I have been to NMB for SOS, today was my first time to Hoskins. I had always been deterred by the long, long lines waiting to get in but on the recommendation from a new friend and my curiosity, we opted to eat lunch here.
Even though it was a long line, probably about 25 people in front of us, everything moved quickly and we were inside and seated within about 15 minutes.
Now to the great part!!! Once we were seated, our server was at at the table within seconds. I was in the mood for seafood, and the server highly recommended the scallops, which I ordered broiled and they were just as she described..... delicious!!!!
My hubby got the lunch special, meatloaf (the best he has ever had), scalloped potatoes, broccoli casserole and butter beans along with a drink for 6.95
I will be a returning customer and could kick myself for not going there sooner!
Fast friendly service, great food and reasonable prices!!! I highly recommend this restaurant!!! You will not be disappointed!!!!

2  Thank hckrychick