See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Cool staff, but breakfast was not on par with facility. Staff is always friendly here. The location is a little far from downtown, but for the price, who cares. Breakfast needs better food (Bacon), and better coordinated.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

kwadjoc,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this experience. I do apologize for the lack of family dining opportunities, but we're very pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding our hospitality and accommodations and we can't wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed over the holiday weekend. Suite was well stocked and very comfortable. Room had a smell when we came in, we did find the problem, garbage disposal was broken so that was a little gross. Parking is also tight. But close to restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Stacey N,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC Hotel. It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable and convenient experience. We also appreciate your ideas for improving on our parking , and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Upon receving keys to room, the room was occupied when we walked in! The next room did not have dish washing towels, trash was left under the sink. And the other room which was cancelled, was still charged to my card even when I cancelled by the time that was given by the front desk! The amount has not yet been returned to my card and I was told to have my bank reverse the charge....a mistake made by the hotel should be tooken care of by the hotel! Never again Wyndham!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

bondwriter2003,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you experienced with our room which you cancelled them they charged you. We apologize for this and would love for you to contact me so we can figure this issue out together. Our entire staff works extremely hard to make sure all of our guests have an excellent stay, but it seems that we've not been able to satisfy you. I hope you'll change your mind about seeking other accommodations in the area and that you'll give us the opportunity to impress you with our continuous improvements.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Do not recommend this place. First room smelled of Pot and smoke. Even though the sign at front desk said smoke free facility. Changed rooms and the same in that room also. There was no manager on duty so of course no one was here to talk to. Not happy!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank David S

David S,

I am so sorry that you smelled smoke in your room. I want to assure you that we do our best to ensure that smokers do not smoke in our nonsmoking rooms; and when a situation like this occurs, we address it immediately, thoroughly
cleaning and disinfecting to restore the clean smell of our accommodations. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Dirty room, smell like cigarettes. The air does not work. The drawers had someone else's belongings.We arrived at night and the place where breakfast was served remained dirty with remaining food. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

emariepr,

Thank you for pointing out the issues with housekeeping so that we can work to improve upon this aspect of the guest experience at our hotel. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. I am so sorry that you smelled smoke also in your room. Unfortunately, despite our efforts to ensure that nobody smokes in non-smoking rooms, it does occasionally happen. We understand that you are hesitant to return based on this experience, though we hope to
have another chance to impress you in the future