See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I made reservations for the memorial day weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel, we learned that the front desk closed at 8 pm, with young kids and all if our bags we had to wait in a dingy little hallway over 30 minutes for someone to come and check us in. When we finally got to our room, within minutes, we spotted 3 cockroaches climbing on walls and window. Immediately, we picked up our bags, made a phone call that we are leaving and that the conditions in room are unacceptable. We were forced to look for another hotel at night with young children on a holiday weekend! We were told that we would be contacted by a manager in the morning. Since i had not heard from the manager by the next afternoon, i made a phone call myself. The manager was rude and proceeded to tell me that there was evidence that we stayed in room! Yes, my kids jumped on the beds cause thats what kids do! That was before we saw the roaches! We bolted out of that room when we saw the roaches! Instead of apologizing, he was rude and defensive. At the end promised a refund, which i still dont see. Will NEVER stay at this hotel, and don't recommend anyone go through what we went through!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Charleston Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Oh no --- We are so sorry to hear that you got a bad impression of our hotel after only a short time in your room. We strive to provide a great experience that guests enjoy and want to return to and we’re sorry that was not your experience. Please contact us if your billing situation is still not resolved. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Im having difficulty with management staff Brad. They have incorrectly charged my card and not helping me to change it or refund me. I have been trying to deal with this issue since 5/21. Brad neglected to call me back. 5/23 I complained to hotel staff that they have stink attitudes and on cooperative. Brad incorrectly charged my personal account $250. I told him this is wrong and with his nonchalant attitude he still isn't trying to be helpful. I told all hotel staff of this issue. This is incorrect I only need my days I want be there to my card since they said they don't do refunds. I left Charleston sc yesterday at 1030am. I tried to speak with him but he keeps playing g the dumb role and not wanting to help. 5/24 I asked they to back out the amount and only charge the proper amount. So he did but I dont see it in my account as of date. 5/25 I received the hotel charges so far. I do not want to speak to this evil man no more. I told him yesterday dont charge my account for anything else. I don't want nobody to charge my account no more. I want to speak to somebody else. Only person that need to contact me is his supervisor. I will to filing a formal complaint with better business bureau and various other sites. Too include they didnt call me back or email me. The only way they communicate is physically waiting at the desk for 10 mins then when they finally come to the desk they have these unhelpful attitudes.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your billing. The hotel and supervisor have contacted you by phone and email but are not getting any response from you. Would you reach out to us again please?

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

After reading the other reviews I am in shock because it seems my visit at this property was exactly the opposite. I found the hotel to be very clean, everything was intact and most of all the staff was very professional and polite. Due to an emergency I was in need of a place to stay overnight. I found the clerk/receptionist Dezmond to be very attentive, receptive, and very informative about the property. I will definitely be returning!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for the great review and for sharing your experience. We're so glad you appreciated our clean rooms and friendly staff. We hope you do come back again.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

The pictures of this place must of been when they first open. The people at counter were nice. but careful they charge you without for anything. Could not find a hotel when we got there all booked cus of spring break so we took this you pay for what you get. I was like an apartment complex elevator disgusting smell of pot every day and the hall. Never cleaned and the smell in room from the rug omg not being cleaned n cud not get my money back even when i got sick and wanted to leave. SORRY NO REFUND!! never will ever stay there.. Fights outside at night music playing outside in cars as they smoke pot drinking guys outside. Horrible

Room Tip: rooms in front have sun so it cud make u feel little better
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank jeannette t
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Charleston Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

We are so sorry for the negative experiences you had during your stay with us. We work hard to deliver a great guest experience and we’re sorry we let you down during this visit. Your comments have been forwarded to the staff to provide them with additional feedback on your impressions of the hotel and so they can address the issues you mentioned. We wish you the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We stayed in one of the other locations a few months ago and had a bad experience and when I booked the trip I was so thinking well this is a different location surely they all aren't awful! we then guess what this location was even worse! we get there check in (made reservations online for a nonsmoking room) they tell us they only have smoking rooms! well we were excited about our trip and tired so we said ok whatever put us in that room, we get off the elevator on the 3rd floor only to see a man going into the room we were just told was ours!!!!! what in the world??? we go back down to the desk and explain and complain and guess what is jus so happens that a nonsmoking room has opened up omg really like that quick???? we go up tp the new room and its a small bed room stunk, we were told that checkout time was 11 next day, morning at 8 something dang house keeping is beating on the door asking if we were checking out at 11 we yell yes then 45 mins later guess what yes s knocking again we we just gave up an left ! and never ever again will we be staying at any of the woodsprings locations! they are the worst hotels ever!

Room Tip: never stay here!!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Julia R, Guest Relations Corporate Liaison at WoodSpring Suites Charleston Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are sorry you had such a negative experience and were understandably disappointed with your stay. Our goal is to provide an all-around positive experience for every guest. It sounds like we fell short with you and we apologize that you weren’t provided with the comfortable, clean room that we promise and you deserve. Best wishes in your future travels.