All reviews front desk ashley phosphate room was clean sleep inn nice hotel staff was friendly and helpful bagels easy access convenient location business trip nice breakfast other hotels the breakfast area definitely stay here again parking lot continental breakfast great place to stay
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My family stayed in a suite while visiting some friends in Summerville. The room was nice, staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. This hotel is in a convenient location for commuting to Summerville. You don't have to travel Ashley Phosphate.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We checked into our room and before bringing our luggage into the room, looked for bed bugs and found 4 in the carpeting against the wall at the base of the bed. As a result, we didn't stay there, however the staff was very helpful resolving the situation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We stayed here on a Tuesday evening. Very quiet, a bit tricky to get to but well worth it. We were checked in by a very personable, pleasant young man, who made sure that we had a quiet room on the water view side. The room came as a mini efficiency, king bed, and had a nice little area to sit on a couch or chair to watch the TV- instead of having to sit on the bed to watch. The tv swivels to the bedroom area if you want to watch from the bed.
There is a small kitchen area, sink, microwave, coffee maker and fridge. This area backs up to a good sized desk writing area with phone. We never felt crowded.
The next morning we were treated to a very nice breakfast, with eggs, cereal, yogurts, fresh fruit and coffee and juice. Perfect morning meal before pushing on our trip to Florida. Definitely will return!!

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I'm very simple when it comes to what I require in a hotel and this hotel seemed to check off all the things on my list:

Check-In: Fast and simple. She actually already had my keys waiting for me when I checked in as I asked for an early check-in (1pm) and was accommodated with it. The room was ready as well. The woman who checked me in was so professional and happy; sometimes a departure from what you normally get.

Room: Spotless. It was a nice King Studio Suite with a mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and desk. The bathroom was also spotless which is something I always enjoy. The room was so clean that I didn't ave to spray Lysol everywhere like I normally do.

Continental Breakfast: Standard. You get your waffles, fruit, coffee, bagels and get out of there! Both mornings I went to breakfast, there was never a line and I was down there at 7am (6am - 9am is breakfast).

Location: You're near almost everything. So many restaurants are around you and there's a Walmart down the road. I liked being able to walk across the parking lot to McDonalds. It is also 15 minutes from the airport which is very acceptable for me (My Lyft was about $10).

The only con I would give this hotel is that there is no hotel bar. But, that's not enough for me to take anything away from this place. I'd stay here again. In fact, one of my cousins was staying at another hotel 5 miles away and decided to switch into this hotel with us.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Bedbugs.
I tried to contact the general manager repeatedly when I returned home and left messages. No response.
Outside marquis boasting new hotel needs to be removed. I was excited when we entered. Lobby spacious, nicely decorated and clean. One elevator. for guest and housekeeping. Rooms were stuffy and had an odor. Emptied a whole can of Lysol in the first room, requested a change. Second room a little better. Left 3:30 am on a Sunday morning to catch a flight. Didn't notice until after we left. My husband was bit once, me twice. redness and swelling, went to the doctor, on antibiotics. Again, wanted to speak with the manager before it came to this.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator. Ask to see the room first before bringing all of your luggage in.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lezlie S
Justin H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites in North Charleston / Ashley Phosphate for your trip to the Charleston area! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you seem to be having in getting in touch with me, I'm at the property from 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday and I haven't received any voicemails yet this week. It is possible that you were contacting the wrong hotel. Please give us a call as soon as you can to discuss your stay, our phone number here is 843-725-5400.