All reviews front desk fire pit ashley phosphate stove top one bedroom suite a pet friendly hotel definitely stay here again breakfast each morning the staff was extremely friendly full size refrigerator home away from home waffle maker nice property the breakfast area restaurants and shopping a great stay the general manager
Reviewed 27 July 2018

We were in the area for a weekend, visiting a sick relative. Since I was traveling during a stressful time, I especially appreciated the kindness, patience and professionalism of the staff at this hotel. Blake at the front desk was exceptionally accommodating. Every staff person I encountered spoke to me with a smile. I appreciate the smoke-free building policy for Residence Inn/Marriott. This property is in excellent condition and our suite was well-appointed. We had some meals in our room and appreciated that the kitchenette includes items like a good paring knife, a cutting board and a colander. The lobby breakfast area is spacious with a wide variety of items available. I didn't get a chance to use the pool; I wish it had a little more terrace and landscaping around it. Kudos to all the all-working folks at this hotel. You really helped a weary traveler.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Colette M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Pickytraverler2009,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at Residence Inn Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate.

843.300.3636
colette.mack@Marriott.com

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I travel to Charleston one weekend or a month at a time. When I do, I always make it my business to stay at this location. The hotel and staff are exceptional! From the General manager to the newest housekeeper, the service is great!

The GM there even made me an egg white omelette one morning and it taste awesome! If you stay there be sure to lookout for Mr. Benny in the breakfast area. He’s kinda of a short older gentleman but a true gentleman for sure! He is actually one of the many reasons I come back to this location. He is genuinely nice and a very professional staff member who doesn’t mind going out his way to make you feel at home!

Mr. Benny is just one of the many reasons I love this hotel! You won’t regret your stay!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Colette M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Talkman2004,

843.300.3636
colette.mack@Marriott.com

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel for a family trip 6/1 to 6/7. Check-in was smooth and the staff was extremely friendly. I was so impressed that the front desk staff remembered why we visited at check-in and asked about it when we checked out. We did their complimentary breakfast every morning - waffles were amazing and fruit was always fresh. The housekeeping staff took care of our room and restocked with items needed in kitchenette area. We were closer to a Walmart, Target, outlets and a quick drive into downtown Charleston. Plenty of places to eat around the surrounding area. The hotel even listed a bunch of things to do each day on a board in the lobby. Fresh fruit water was provided not far from the pool for a quick refresher. Hotel has nice gym, pool and laundry facilities. We will definitely be visiting again! Thank you for making our stay a great one, Marriott!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Colette M, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear MommaDukes13,

Thank you for taking the time and giving us an awesome review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us . We are pleased as well that our staff took very good care of you during your stay. Please do come back and visit us again when you are in the Charleston North area.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This was our fist time staying at this Marriott property in North Charleston, SC. We were pleasantly surprised and our one bedroom suite was very nice and good size. There was a mini
kitchen for those staying longer time.
I must say the morning breakfast buffet was the best we have had in any Marriott property. Food was delicious and had nice selection of hot and cold. Coffee bar was great with extra coffee
flavorings to try.
Only small complaint is the TP was very cheap quality so used tissue instead.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Shirl0515,

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests. Thank you for staying with us, and hope you do come and visit us again.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Was traveling on official business with a group of four that was booked several months ago. When checking in I was informed that the hotel was overbooked by 30 and I had been relocated to another hotel. Out of four of us only one still had a room Which he was a "gold" member. This review is more about their overbooking and notification procedures. Never received any apologies or notification that I would be "walked" until I attempted to check in. I can only assume that we were screened out based on lack of loyalty points and our fixed government rate. Cannot speak about the quality of the accommodations or premises only about their handling of this situation. While our rooms were compensated for the one night it would have been nice to have a heads up and at least an apology. This experience will keep me away from the Marriott chain all together.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank frequentraveler2018
Residence I, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

I want to first take the time and say thank you for giving us review. Also want to apology for the inconvenience of you having to relocated to another hotel. Unfortunately, last was a unexpected busy week for Charleston area, on all the events that was going on. We tried our best to make sure everyone had a place to stay due to the overage. The pick was a random pick to make sure everyone who had a reservation, still have a place to stay. I do apologize again for the inconvenience. Hope the next time you are in the Charleston North area, you would consider and giving us a second chance to redeem ourselves.

Best regards