All reviewsrenovationlocationbathroombedsvacationelevatorfloorpools
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and my 3 kids stayed for 3 nights at Tropical Seas recently. The rooms have been recently renovated and we're nice. The pools were clean but show signs of wear and tear. Housekeeping left clean towels each day. Overall the staff was friendly and courteous. The location of this hotel is top notch. I would recommend this hotel to people who want a good place to stay without all the frills and extras that would cost a lot more money.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Tropical S, Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay and most of all thank you for choosing Tropical Seas. We look forward to having you and your family again. Robin, GM

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Rooms are nice but it should be more cabins,big fridge , television . Nice view from balcony. Air conditioning was weak. The elevator needs a good cleaning.
Pools are good there is also hot tub. But service is bad...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
RobinGM501, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you Paula for taking the time to let us know about your stay and where improvements are needed. I am sorry service fell short during your stay and will be addressing this immediately. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. Robin, GM

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

hotel room was beautiful stayed 7/29 friday went home Tuesday. Employees were very friendly and helpful. Only complaint they need to upgrade air conditioner in room and unfortunately only have one elevator. We will come back as I said room beautiful and very clean.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
RobinGM501, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Susan,
Thank you so much for the comments and hope your birthday was a wonderful one. We look forward to having you and your daughter again and seeing guest return year after year. There are so many choices in the Myrtle Beach area and we are glad you selected us.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights. I saw the comments about new renovations so I decided to give this hotel a try. I was very pleasant surprised when we came into our room. The flooring, furniture and bedding were super nice! The bathroom vanity, mirror was upgraded. Although the tub/shower definitely needed to be replaced.
The pools obviously are aged but it was nice and useable, like others said it could use some renovations too.
What I didn’t know when I came here, that they changed their no pet policy. If I had known that, I would have brought my well-manner dog to enjoy the vacation with us. Unfortunately, the signs on the front door still said “no pet policy”, the details on here and their website hasn’t changed either. So please keep up with your policy changes and make sure all information are correct.
The maid we had on our 6th floor were super friendly and all I can said she has beautiful smile.
Honestly, they’re better than I thought when I first read reviews here.
Go and give Tropical Seas a try!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Megsgarland
Tropical S, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and most of all staying with us. Yes we still have tub/showers, kitchen areas to renovated this upcoming winter. Our website should state we accept pets now. Thank you again and we look forward to having you and your family again. Robin, GM

Reviewed 29 June 2018

My wife and I are regulars. We have been going to Tropical Seas for the better part of 10 years and she has been going for about 20. This last stay 6/24 - 6/27 we were pleased to see the renovations the new owner has done.
*The elevator has been replaced and now has air conditioning and is much quicker.
*The old carpet has been replaced with new flooring.
*The bathrooms have been reworked.
*The furniture has been replaced. There are cabinets for clothing instead of the dresser and/or chest of drawers. Staying in rm 902 we were used to both. We miss the chest of drawers.
*The bed was very comfortable. My wife and I sleep on a firm mattress and find it difficult to find a place with one. I actually got a better nights sleep than I had in a long time.
*TVs have been updated to flat panels, but the channel selections are limited.

With all the updates that have been done, unless the allowing of pets is done away with or greatly modified this will have been our last stay. We do not have pets and do not want to endure a vacation putting up with them. While we were checking in (had to wait for the room to be ready because we arrived early) there were dogs in the lobby and the lobby smelled like a dog.
Dogs have to do business and there is no guarantee that they make it outside to a designated area. So now the concern of wash cloths/towels being used to clean up after them and/or cleaning them is a factor. All the laundry gets thrown into the same pile and washed together. Pet stuff needs to be separate.

With all the updates that have been done unless the allowing of pets is done away with or greatly modified this will have been our last stay. Where pets are restricted to certain rooms, they are on all floors. When we go on vacation we want to leave the responsibilities behind and relax. We do not have pets and do not want to share space or listen to them when on vacation.Our last night there we were kept awake by dog barking close to midnight. We called the front desk twice and believe the the person at the front desk called the room, but dogs are going to bark when they want to.
**Pet owners be courteous to everyone else who is on vacation to relax. Leave the dogs at home!!
While we were in the lobby checking in there were dogs on the couch and this same person decided to dip her dog in the pool.
***Owner if you must allow pets restrict them to the first 2 floors and make the lobby furniture off limits.

In closing I must give the owner credit for the updates, but with your pet policy you have lost a regular. From those I talked with I do not believe we will be the only ones to go elsewhere.

To Ann and Robin we have enjoyed your hospitality and hope to see you again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank davidandann1231
Tropical S, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and more importantly, choosing to stay with us again. We enjoy seeing our repeat guests year after year. Thank you for your comments about the renovations and we have more to come this winter. On your comments about the pet rooms, we are a step ahead of you, we do separate the linen. We truly appreciate your return visits and your kind words over the years. We look forward to seeing you again. Robin & Staff.