3,158 results
All reviews palmetto building live oaks building conference center free mini golf ocean view lazy river private beach full size fridge ice maker breakfast buffet putt putt family reunion indoor pool ocean blvd off season parking garage springmaid
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We went to Doubletree for a church retreat in February 2017. The cost for the retreat including tax was a set price for 2 nights and 6 meals, that they had catered. I gave them my credit card at check in and later I learned that I had been charged $100 more than I owed. I went the next day and complained and they explained that they were aware of the problem and working on it. While we were there two more charges were made on my credit card for the motel. Still not the right amount. Was still told that they were just pending while the office corrected it. When the charges finally were charged to my card, 4 charges made for the room and 2 refunds. None were for the correct amount but when I added the 4 charges and subtracted the 2 refunds the final number was correct but what a head ache. As far as rooms go they were clean and the bed was comfortable but they were 3 in our room and after the first shower we had no hot water in shower. We called to let them know and was assured that it would be taken care of. On the day we checked out we were still waiting. After the maid cleaned the first morning we were only left with part of a roll of toilet paper and no extra rolls so another call to front desk. Since it was a retreat we were fed 6 meals and they were horrible. I used to stay at this resort all of the time when it was Spring Maid Beach. Love it
Needless to say I'll not be back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank LWebb2013
traviscampbell, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay with us. I first would like to apologize for any frustration you experienced during your stay. I personally will be investigating your experience with billing at our property. Rest assured this is not common, and certainly not indicative of the level of service we provide. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Great location, facing the water, helpful staff. Great improvement to an older hotel, a bit more to go to bring it to the DoubleTree standard. I would definitely stay there again if the price is right.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
traviscampbell, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We rely on all feedback to help improve our service and product. We are always looking to improve and we hope you come stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Great location, great view! Awesome mattresses... Staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms are very nice, bar off lobby had outdoor area where you could enjoy the ocean. Hotel would be excellent place for any type of function or vacation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

We had a great time. It was a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 5 & 7. We booked last minute and were sold on being able to bring our Boxer. Nice property and the family had a blast on the beach with our dog. We ate at the restaurant and had a very nice dinner on their deck overlooking the ocean. The interior of the property was recently and nicely finished and staff was very friendly. They have a miniature golf course across the street which is free for folks staying at the resort. The only negatives were the distance to boardwalk and the proximity to the airport, but these didn't bother us, but can't speak for everyone. We will head back again since we live about 3 hours away in North Carolina. I've included some photos with view from the second floor pet friendly tower room.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2017

The hotel is locate at the south end of the mrytle beach. The hotel is very tired with the corridors, elevators stairwells all needing in server cleaning, Good value but it is not up to Hilton standards

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anthony B
Calvin P, On behalf of the hotel staff at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.