2,490 results
All reviews ocean front front desk across the street full kitchen lazy river free mini golf free breakfast bedroom suite parking garage valet service washer dryer hot tub off season oceanfront view the room was nice ocean blvd water park
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We had a great stay at this hotel! It's right on the beach, in a nice & convenient location, and had everything we needed! Only gripes were that I wish the check-in time had been a little earlier, and the wifi reception was very poor, but those are minor complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda D
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Carolinian Beach Resort. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our location on the beach. We did share your comments about the wifi with our IT department and apologize for any inconvenience. We look forward to seeing you for your next trip to the beach.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

we enjoyed our stay at the Carolinian! great ocean front view and just steps to the beach! the location is what sold us on this property as we enjoy being on the beach but also close to Broadway at the Beach! friendly staff made us feel welcome every day! we will be back

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Libby Y

Thanks for taking a moment to share you feedback on Carolinian Beach Resort. We are so excited that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our location and our friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay at the beach!

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

When we arrived at the hotel finding a spot to park and check in was a little difficult. It was very busy. When we found a spot and went inside to check in we overheard another customer talking with someone behind the counter. Apparently they had given her reservation away, the owners of the condo she booked decided to use it that week and the reservation company didn't bother to tell the customer. So the hotel did not have the room reserved for her and her family. The staff member who was handling the situation was doing an ok job. I did over hear that there was not a manager on site and that seemed unacceptable that no one was able to help the woman or the staff member fix the situation besides basically downgrading their room because nothing else was available. I was extremely worried though as I was waiting in line to check-in behind her. Check-in went fine for us. We unloaded and went to the elevator to go to our 7th floor room. One elevator was broken- I went to the desk to report it. The other took forever to get to us. Once we unloaded our things in our room, which was nice and clean, we went to go park our car. The elevator would not stop on our floor, we heard it continuously pass our floor going up and down. We took the stairs. Many people were in the stairwell due to the elevator not working. Parking deck is a block away, it wasn't too bad but I was disappointed it wasn't closer. I was glad our room was clean and the beds weren't bad either. We had an ocean view room and it was nice. It had a nice view of the ocean unlike other view rooms that you can barely see it. The pools, jacuzzi and lazy river were very nice. No complaints with that. The hotel needs to be updated. A staff member did say the elevators were being replaced at the end of the season. I think they should have been replaced already as they were horrible. Buttons lit up that we didn't press and it was hit or miss if you were actually going to get it to come to your floor. Our first night there we all were on the balcony and we actually got locked out because the security bar fell down and jammed the door. Thank God one person had a cell phone to call the front desk and have security come get us. Apparently it was installed wrong. I'm glad it was adults and not kids locked out on the balcony! We laughed about it later but it was a little disturbing. Overall it was a good trip. I'm not sure if I would choose to stay again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bramsey934

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Carolinian Beach Resort. We are truly apologetic for the issues you've experienced with the elevators. We've had trouble getting a replacement part and as you noted we will be completely replacing them at the end of the season. We were able to locate your unit based on the post-stay survey you completed and maintenance will be checking on the door lock that you mention. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future on your next Myrtle Beach trip. Per your comment on updating the property, the units in the tower are newer and more spacious and may be more enjoyable for you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2015

I realized that I would be in town a few days earlier than originally scheduled for my planned stay at the Anderson Ocean Club, next door. So I called the Anderson's reservation number and was told that there no rooms available for the additional days, but that I could probably get a decent rate at the Carolinian next door. I was told that the Carolinian was a nice place with comparable accommodations. Since both are right on the beach, and I would only need to roll my bag over when I move to the Anderson, I reserved the room.

I arrived really late at night, as I had flow in from California to Atlanta because I had business to address there. My husband was coming a few days later. Drove the six hours to arrive about 11:45....absolutely beat. I staggered in and noticed that the lobby was like something out of a themed seafood restaurant. The clerk was really nice and so was the guard on duty at the time. I got checked in and went to take my bags up to the room.

The elevator was really old and in poor condition. I exited at the 3rd floor and immediately know I could not handle it. It was extremely humid and smelled like a locker room late in the day. The smell was overwhelming. I thought, maybe the smell is only in the hallway, so I went to room 310 (either that or 308). It was right next to the open laundry room...meaning the hallway lead directly into the laundry room, no door way. The hallway ended in the laundry room. The explained the moisture issue, but the smell was because the fitness center was on the same level. A door and some ventilation would solve those problems.

I went into the room and found it was all old and very outdated, except for the nice flat screen television. The carpets were stained. The bathroom was the same. I felt like I was in a Lazy 8 motel. I called the front desk and told them that the room wasn't acceptable and was sent a key to room 810 (or 808, again not certain which). I went to the new room on the new floor and was grateful for the lack of humidity or smell. This room was between a boiler room and a storage room. I entered the room and found it in the same condition as the other one. I gave up. I checked the bed out to make sure the sheets were clean and went to bed. I didn't shower because the bathroom was not clean. There was hair in the tub and floor, and some other debris. Mind you, the toilet paper was folded to a nice point, and the shower curtain (very old and snagged) had been beautifully arranged over the tub, it was obvious that the room wasn't ever really cleaned. The grout around the tub, as well as the tiles around the tub and toilet were gross.

I was disgusted and felt ripped off. I see these other reviews and just know that they were in a completely different section of the hotel. They had to be.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be in the old or new section? Don't go to the old!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara S
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Carolinian Beach Resort. We are comprised of two buildings; the shorter building that houses the rooms and efficiencies that are similar in style and size to typical hotel rooms, and the taller tower that houses the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom suites. While neither of our buildings are quite on par with the Anderson Ocean Club, the suites in the tower are not far off in quality from what you would experience in their resort. Judging by your room numbers, you stayed in the smaller, older but well maintained shorter building. We apologize if there was any miscommunication regarding which units would be similar to those at the Anderson, and we are also sorry for the issues you experienced with the units in which you were placed. We've shared your comments with management at the resort so that they may investigate and rectify any issues.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

Two reasons I didn't give a perfect mark. 1. I thought there was a balcony off the master bedroom. I thrive on sleeping with the sounds of the ocean, but I couldnt. There is a window, but it doesn't open and it faces the pathway to the other guest rooms on the floor.
2. Somebody nearby was smoking marijuana on their balcony. Really took away from my enjoyment. My 7yr old son kept asking what that smell was, and I made him go inside and close the balcony door. Supposed to be a non-smoking hotel.
Those things aside, I will definitely come back. Spacious suite, nicely appointed, very comfortable bed. Wish they had linens for the sofa bed...

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank ItsmeMike2014
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Carolinian Beach Resort. We are glad that your stay was almost perfect. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed about the lack of balconies on the bedrooms in your unit. We do offer several different unit types, some of which do offer balconies off the bedrooms, so be sure to check out our website before booking. Additionally, we apologize for the smoking issue. We do our best to be vigilant in stopping guests who decide to violate the smoking policy, but sometimes we do need guests to report these occurrences so that we may be quicker in taking action. We are happy to hear that you will stay with us again in the future and we look forward to providing you with an even better experience.