1,914 results
All reviewsprivate beachwaterscapes restaurantintercoastal waterwayanchor caferuth's christwo bedroom suitevalet servicefull kitchenchairs and umbrellascarolina oprypool barbeautiful resortthe myrtle beach areashort driveoff seasonwasher and dryerfamily vacation
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My son and his family, took us to the place. He rent a room that had an oval living room. The view overlook the outdoor pool, the marina and the intercoastal, and the golf course.

The room itself is furnished with a stove, a refrigerator, a washer and dryer, two large bedrooms.

The car has valet parking. These guys are amazing. In fact, everyone here is very helpful for us Myrtle Beach first time vacationers. Will definitely try to get back here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Drew621
Mark B, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Hello Drew621,

Thanks for sharing your experience on TA.com. We're so pleased you had an enjoyable time at our resort. It's nice to hear such positive feedback, we really appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My first experience at the hotel’s Waterscape Restaraunt was such a welcomed surprise. I was part of a group of 12 or so, out-of-town guests. It was late, we were tired and, OMG, we were hungry. As an experienced traveler i know that the most important variable when measuring a venue’s excellence is the quality of service. That Thursday night, the 14th of, June, Stephani truly stepped up; putting the entire group at ease; happily took our orders and ensured all the guests at our table were taken care of. Stephani proved to be that variable necessary for excellence. Not only did she ensure we had a great meal; after dinner she posed the group in front of the hotel’s art and took photos of us. It didn’t stop there. We were guests for the next four days and, always with a smile, she would inquire about our stay and ask if we needed something.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DougNichols

Hi there DougNichols,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I visited the website for the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes to book an accommodation for my husband and I. On the home page, I put in our dates, and clicked on the pull down tab titled "Rooms" where you can review each of the room types available. After reviewing all of them, I selected the "2 BR Deluxe Suite". This took me to a page with a floor plan of the suite, showing the 2 king bedrooms with adjoining baths, AND THE LIVING ROOM WITH 3 SETS OF SLIDING DOORS THAT LEAD TO A LARGE CURVED BALCONY. There is also a written description of the accommodation that tells of panoramic views of the pool, marina, and golf course. On the page, next to the floor plan, was a "BOOK NOW" button. It was just my husband and I, so we really didn't need two bedrooms, but the living room with large, panoramic balcony sold me!

When we arrived at the check-in desk, I asked the young man if we indeed were given a suite with the curved balcony. He said "no you were not". He said "we only have 2 suites like that, and they are on a first come first serve basis." I was very disappointed, and explained that their website was very misleading. His response was rude, and he sent us on our way with the key. Our suite had one set of sliding doors from the living room that led to a closed-in concrete balcony. As far as the "panoramic view" goes, the location of the suite, in the building, made it impossible to see the pool. And the trees had grown so high, that the marina and golf course could only be seen by looking through the trees.

As I said, we did not need a 2 bedroom suite, but decided to splurge after seeing the website description of the "2 BR Deluxe Suite". Go online and see for yourself.

Room Tip: My goal was to choose the best room for us, and failed. I'm not sure how you can be guaranteed of the type room you want.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jantuck2018

Hi jantuck2018,

Thanks for bringing this oversight to our attention. We have reviewed all room descriptions on our website and addressed every instance where potential confusion or inconsistency may occur. We certainly did not intentionally portray our 2 bedroom deluxe suites to mislead our guests and we apologize that this happened to you.

It was really nice having the opportunity to chat with you about your experience and we hope you are able to return for another visit to enjoy our resort and allow us the opportunity provide a better experience. You have my direct contact details so please reach out when convenient.

Thanks. Mark B.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The only complaint I have is that the private beach does not have any parking and the shuttle isn’t that great an option. The eating facility at the beach is in real need of updating as is the walkover to the beach. The resort and marina area is wonderful and the restaurants are very nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi John L,

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Just spent 6 OUTSTANDING days at the Marina Inn @ Grand Dunes! Great resort, great people, especially Sheryl (I believe that is correct spelling) at the registration desk and Sam DeLuca at the front door. Thanks to all for making our vacation a very memorable one. We will be back!

Room Tip: call the Marina Inn direct speak to Sheryl
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple