5,591 results
All reviews pinnacle building crows nest lazy rivers rose restaurant tiki hut ocean front water slides free dvd rentals breakfast buffet across the street parking garage off season bedroom condo indoor and outdoor pools family vacation recommend this resort rooms were very clean
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here the past weekend ( Labor Day) I was sort of scared after reading all the reviews but we had no problem whatsoever. The girl who checked me in was very nice and informative. The room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. There were no bugs whatsoever in the room. Yes there were Palmetto bugs outside but hey this is South Carolina. The staff greeted us every time they saw us and were very nice. We had no problem getting towels. They hung them on the door for us. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank missynee69
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Compass Cove came highly recommended to me, and one of the reasons we decided to stay there. As I looked around the room I noticed dirt and grime throughout the three rooms and bath. But next I saw mold on ceiling, cockroach in the kitchen,tried the stove,burners not working, oven not working, carpet wet (even though we just arrived) and sand still on the carpets and trash let on the TV stand. I contacted the front desk, I did and spoke to Debra, I felt she was rude and didn't satisfy my issues. housekeeping was also rude. The pool area was dirty. Never staying there again!!

Room Tip: Try another Hotel not Compass Cove!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
kellihowell, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Compass Cove Resort. It is with disappointment that I note our inability to meet your expectations, and for that, I would like to sincerely apologize. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and shared with our entire management team. We appreciate your feedback as it is beneficial in our quest to provide an optimal experience. We will specifically be focusing on our housekeeping service and providing excellent guest service in the coming months. We hope you will reconsider staying at Compass Cove on your next visit to Myrtle Beach, and allow us an opportunity to provide you with the great vacation experience for which we are known.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I Stayed at Compass Cove with my family this past August. We had a 3 bedroom condo and were so excited to be able to all stay together on our family vacation and right on the beach. The location of the hotel was great, but that was the only great thing. I was told our room would be ready at 3pm, it was closer to 4 that we were able to get into our room. I asked for a luggage cart to help bring our bags up , and were told by many of the hotel workers they are located by the elevators and just to wait for one. We finally got one, the elevators took FORVER.... When we finally got into our room, it was not cleaned properly at all. You can tell they vacuumed but they missed almost the entire rug. The floors in the bed room were not swept at all. We also had asked for a pack n play when we booked for my baby niece and were told it would be in our room upon check in. The Pack and Play did not arrive until 11 pm that night after numerous phone calls to the front desk when they would even answer the phone and housekeeping. My 5 year old niece was in the shower that same early evening and no bath mats in the tub at all , slipped and fell knocked our 2 teeth, and split her lip. This was a very traumatic event due to her 3 year old sister being with her at the time, and seeing the blood everywhere and her crying in pain. When we tried to call the front desk to tell them of the incident, they did not answer the phone, so my mother walked down to fill out the accident report. That same day I also called due to the bathroom sink being broken, and water not draining in the bathroom sink. They never came that night to check the sink... The next day someone came to fix the broken sink but not the drain. We again had to call Numerous times. The next day a manager named Dan called to talk to my sister.. Never asked how my niece was only said " well others have showered and this never happened" no compassion or care for a 5 year old who was hurt pretty badly.... Bad enough my sister called her dentist and doctor and my Nivea has to be seen when we got home. My room was not cleaned one night until I called a few times and garbage was piled up from 2 days. My experience with management was not a good one at all. Dan was very uncaring at what happened. When I paid for my room I didn't expect it to be dirty and to have the ceiling with sports and black dirt lo over it. Pertty bad I had to purchase my own bath mats so no one else fell. Beyond disappointed and dissatisfied with this hotel and the management staff

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank ga2rgrl
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I reviewed a year ago- it was the best vacation we ever had. A lot has changed since then.

Check in was fine, our room request were met. No issues there. Parking is still a nightmare and so are the elevators, but if you read any of the reviews you'll notice that is an issue for everybody staying.

We requested twice for towels, and our requests were not met. We asked for a "Do Not Disturb" sign because apparently, the rooms don't come with them and we don't generally like when people are in our room with our things, and we were told that housekeeping would be sent up to put a sign on the door and it would be noted that they not disturb us. This was not done and we came back to the room the next day to see that everything had been moved and cleaned. I called and requested an immediate sign because we were not happy, this was done.

We came back to Compass Cove for 2 big reasons- the Crows Nest & the kiddie pool. The Kiddie Pool was only open for 1 day of our stay, which was pretty crappy since it's all my kids have talked about since last year.

The Crows Nest was still fantastic- they have the best food prices and make the best drinks.

We had free vouchers for breakfast that we didn't receive at check in & I had to get them later after reminding the front desk that we had them. The waitresses at the Compass Rose are not good, honestly, they don't bring drinks, refill drinks, nor do they remove dirty plates from the table.It's not worth the price, but we used the vouchers since they were free.

All in all, it was just OK this time. The kiddie pool being closed was a big turn off, and between the room requests and the housekeeping issue, I would say that we probably won't be back. We were very disappointed from just a year ago.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ellfam826
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Very unprofessional staff,very dirty rooms and rooms smells old and .......
If you don't want to make a hell your vacation don't chose this stay even if it is free(gift).
PLEASE READ REVIEWS AND TAKE IT VERY SERIOUS.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
kellihowell, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Compass Cove Resort. It is with disappointment that I note our inability to meet your expectations, and for that, I would like to sincerely apologize. Please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously and shared with our entire management team. We appreciate your feedback as it is beneficial in our quest to provide an optimal experience. We will specifically be focusing on our housekeeping service and providing excellent guest service in the coming weeks We hope you will reconsider staying at Compass Cove on your next visit to Myrtle Beach, and allow us an opportunity to provide you with the great vacation experience for which we are known.