1,486 results
All reviews hibiscus spa pool area beautiful resort ocean front partial ocean view per day vacation club resort fee beach chairs great pool common areas oceanview room ping pong poolside bar time share spring break off season
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We were here over Memorial Day week-end and there were motorcycles everywhere. That might not be the best time to visit this area. This a very nice hotel. Valet parking was quick and efficient. They even left our car at the front since we were leaving shortly for dinner. Check-in was prompt. We had a large comfortable king room on a high floor with a gorgeous view of the ocean. There were a lot of screaming children down below at the pool and beach but that's to be expected at a family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: High floor - Ocean Front
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

What can I say? If you live in Charlotte NC chances are you hit Myrtle Beach at least once a year and finding a good hotel is a rarity. There may be a few as good or better than the Marriot but after that they all go downhill quickly and can be downright horror stories.
The Marriot Beach resort is a beautiful, relaxing property with amazing service and amenities. Pools are gorgeous with relaxing hammocks and the ocean is just steps away. Worth every penny and will be back for a fourth!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I am a Road Warrior and have high expectations of the hotels and resorts that I visit.

This one just seemed average to me, with a beach view. My visit, was a short 24hours with my son, to check it out for future travel and surprise destination for the rest of my family and especially my wife... ;)

First off, let me be very clear...the staff was fantastic, as is expected at Marriott properties.

The property itself...seemed bland, uninspired and awkward. The entrance is beautiful and spacious. From there...it goes down hill.

The property is set up perpendicular to the beach, so when they say beach view...They mean, you can "see the beach" but also the ugly roof and you are looking at an angle...Also, in our case, we were "Upgraded" but it did not have a balcony, but a view with an ability to open the window but no space to sit outside. (Yes, I have been spoiled by the other full brand Marriotts.)

The room was standard Marriott quality...I love Marriott (full brand) beds. The bathroom was modern and both my son and I made comments how that was a favorite part of the room. The TV was ok for the space...However, I am not a big fan of how Marriott configures their TVs and remotes (different story for another time.)

The floor (12th) that our room was on seemed to be new and freshly painted and carpeted, but had a feeling and smell of masking something...Not sure why I felt that way.

Then there is the pool area...Not impressed. Pretty in pictures, but not a lot of functionality...seemed to be there more for pictures than use. My 12 year old son was happy that there was outdoor ping pong, cornhole, basketball area and a water slide. However, the cornhole as broken and the ping pong was in a not protected area where the wind kept us from playing much.

You could barely hear any music from the pool sound system.But, there is a lovely area of hammocks between trees...very cool. Did not use, but would have loved too...

Then there is the beach part of the resort. Awkward. Entrance is on the extreme left side of the property (shared with the Marriott Villas)...not down the middle of the property ...that would seem balanced. Then, when you get to the beach, there is an abundant array of chairs and umbrellas for your use...for $40 a day! What! And not even managed by Marriott...By the N Myrtle beach...

This surprised me...The price, etc. I expect to pay a little, but this is price gouging...I wish I would have checked 1st, I would have brought my own chairs...

The restaurants and the food, beverages and services were right on par with expectations of Marriott brand and cannot complain.

I hate giving 3 stars, but this property just doesn't compare to other Marriott destination properties that we have been to. We will not be going back, unless we have a real good reason.

Room Tip: If you plan to go to the beach, $40 for 2 chairs & umbrella. Make sure that you clarify what 'Beach View' is and if you want a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shaynes704
BrookRay, Manager at Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Shaynes704,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review concerning your most recent visit to our resort. We strive to provide the best in services and amenities to all our guest and I can see from your comments that we did not meet our goal or yours during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had while staying here at our resort. We have shared your feedback with our management team to ensure that these issues are resolved for all future stays. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to show the services that we are known for here at our resort on your next visit to the Myrtle Beach area.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My family and I had the opportunity to stay here for a business conference and decided to combine business with a family vacation. The location is located close to restaurants and other attractions yet far enough away as to not be crowded. Beach area and pool are lovely and the kids loved them. My one area of complaint is that there is no where in the rooms to hang wet clothes or towels in the rooms. We hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Nice quite room on 15th floor. Wonderful view of the ocean. Amenities are great, beds very comfortable. We stay here every year. Kids pools are great and a lovely water slide. You can get bagels and muffins in the gift shop if you don't want a full breakfast at Ocean's on 82nd.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business