1,482 results
All reviews hibiscus spa pool area beautiful resort ocean front partial ocean view per day vacation club resort fee corner room beach chairs great pool common areas oceanview room ping pong time share spring break off season
Reviewed 3 July 2016

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at this property. We had not been to Myrtle Beach for years, but knew we wanted to stay toward the north end. This turned out to be an excellent choice for us. We booked an ocean view room, but after the first night they upgraded us to an oceanfront room. We were celebrating our anniversary, which we told the staff, still...it's unusual for them to upgrade you when you're using your points (which we did for 3 out of the 4 nights). The balcony situation at this hotel is tricky. Our first room said it came with a balcony...not really. What you have is sliding glass doors which open, and you have a railing which looks like a short fence in front of the doors. This allows you to lean out the window onto the railing and see the ocean, pools, etc. BUT, there are no actual balconies on this side. On the other side of the building there are balconies, some of which have ocean views, but most overlook the check in area and building next door. Across the front of the building the rooms on the ends have smaller balconies than the ones in the middle. So, if you want a balcony, make sure you call the hotel directly and ask them which room you should book to get what you want. (See photos)
The staff here is very friendly and helpful. In addition to upgrading our room, they also gave us a coupon to enjoy the breakfast buffet free one morning. The buffet was great...all the usual, plus fresh, beautiful fruit. Our waiter gave us to go cups for coffee and invited us to take some fruit in our cups as we headed out to the beach. The beach umbrellas and chairs in front of the hotel can be rented and charged to your room directly. I think we paid $20 per day for the rental. The pool area is beautiful. Towels are plentiful. There's a beach bar and grill for drinks and lunch. Pricing is a bit high for the quality of the food, but that's to be expected. If you want to take the time to go off property, there are lots of great places to eat nearby. This hotel is also close to Barefoot Landing, and Broadway at the Beach.
This hotel has a spa. I had a massage, and it was very nice and relaxing. The atmosphere is lovely, and there are snacks and drinks in the relaxation area. You can also use the sauna and whirlpool.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would definitely return.

Room Tip: We loved our corner room facing the ocean...lots of light, and a great view!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed a week at the resort and had a fantastic oceanfront view. Enjoyed our stay but did feel that rooms were overpriced for as dated as they were. Hallways were a bit musty. For $400 night I would expect more plush amenities.
Hotel staff was excellent and we did enjoy our stay in Myrtle Beach

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Our trip started out rocky. Planned on leaving for our well deserved and needed vacation; when car started leaking oil after oil change and had to rent a car from Enterprise. Finally were on the road with a million others trying to go south.

We see it at 11:34pm. Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort and Spa at Grande Dunes. Valet staff greets us with a smile and a great attitude. Asking us where we are travelling from, how was our drive then escorting my family into the lobby to check in. Taking our luggage start to our ocean front suite.

The front desk staff also were very friendly and alert at that time of hour.

When we entered our suite the kids went directly to the balcony to see see and hear the ocean and the extravagant pools, cabanas, hammocks and hot tub beneath our balcony.

I too was taken back, I pride myself on booking quality this property was at the very top of my revisit list.

The ocean front suite was very comfortable for a family of 4. Housekeeping did a superb job of keeping our suite stacked with extra towels, a pet peeve of mines. Room service staff was efficient during our stay.

The pool facilities were unbelievable. My family loved swimming in their multiple pools, we enjoyed their mini slide, my husband relaxed in the hot tub from the time we checked in until the morning of check out.

The F&B staff were great poolside. Ordering from their restaurant was easy and when asked for an extended menu besides the pool side menu they provided an extended version on request. We don't drink, their non alcoholic Pina Cola da was great.

Overall, Great location; north myrtle beach, great suite, great staff, and most important Great Customer service!

My Oasis for my soul,

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We greatly enjoyed our stay at this hotel! It was our 3rd time here! Great location, amenities and staff. Food is pricy for quality but everything else is wonderful! I especially LOVE the spa. I have massages here twice now and they have been some of the best I have ever had!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

First time in Myrtle Beach and this was a great choice. The location is in North Myrtle Beach which is much quieter than the boardwalk area. Great beach and the resort grounds were clean and felt very new.

The rooms are a little dated as folks mention, but overall it's a nice clean room. The place never felt crowded even though there were multiple events - including a wedding - going on. The service was good and drinks were decent. Food was ok, but on par for Marriott.

I would certainly return again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors seems to be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family