Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$225
Admiral Motor Inn(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$171
Atlantic Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
US$142
US$147
US$138
US$169
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$206
Official Site
Bar Harbor(Myrtle Beach)
US$175
US$158
US$346
Official Site
Aqua Beach Inn(Myrtle Beach)
US$256
Travelocity
4,707 results
All reviewsparadise toweracross the streetlazy riverpapa's restaurantpirate shipdunes buildingocean frontfree dvd rentalspool areaconvention centerfamily vacationoff seasonpools and hot tubsoceanfront roomspring breakparking garagemurphy bed
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

This Resort has great amenities especially for families with children. All staff that we encountered were nice and courteous but I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone because the mattresses in our room were horrible and I'm pretty sure that the sheets were not changed after the previous guests! The mattresses didn't appear to be worn however they were most uncomfortable and made the worst squeaking noises I've ever heard come from a mattress even with the smallest amount of movement! The reason I'm pretty sure housekeeping didn't change the sheets from the previous guests is because after sleeping in the bed I found a sock tucked down at the end of the bed, it was during the middle of the night and I was so tired from the trip there that I managed to talk myself into believing that it must have gotten caught up in the laundry and attached itself to the clean bedding as socks tend to do in my experience of doing laundry at home! Well unfortunately that theory went out the window when I found the other matching sock at the end of the bed the next morning!!! :-/
Again, the resort has great amenities but I cannot recommend this resort to anyone because it failed at providing the most essential function of a hotel which is to provide a comfortable place away from home to sleep!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holly F, Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Dear Recent Guest,

I am glad to hear that you found that our resort has great amenities for families with children and that the staff is nice and courteous. I am sorry to hear that you found your mattress to be most uncomfortable. We certainly would have love the opportunity to relocate you to a room with a mattress that is more comfortable. If possible, I would love to know the room that you had so that we can check out the mattress and replace it if need be. I am also so sorry to hear that you encountered a pair of socks that were in the sheets. I can’t tell you how deeply upset I am that our housekeeping department failed you in the cleanliness of your room. Again, I wish to be able to pass this information along to the Director of Housekeeping so that we can take care of this issue on our end. I would love an opportunity to talk to you in person if you have the time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hopefully look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

I've stayed at over a dozen resorts in Myrtle Beach and this one is my new favorite! For $79/night, I stayed in a very spacious Ocean-view King Suite. The suite had a large Jacuzzi tub and large shower. The kitchen was sufficient and the bed was very comfortable. There was a good sized gym onsite, several pools (indoor and outdoor) and hot tubs. They offered free tickets to the Sky Wheel and Aquarium, as well as, free movie rentals, although the selection of movies was poor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a few minor issues that prevented me from giving it a 5 star rating. First, as soon as we walked into our non-smoking room, we could tell it had been smoked in recently. We didn't complain because, even though we aren't smokers, it didn't bother us. Nonetheless, it shouldn't have smelled that way. The only other issue was the condition of the shower. There was a good bit of mildew in it. They need to do a better job of cleaning the showers. All in all, it was nice, but had someone else received the room I did, their opinion may be very different.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G

Dear Michael G,

I am thrilled to hear that you have found your new favorite place to stay while in Myrtle Beach with us! The amenities that we have do change throughout the year (we add more in season) and the free tickets that we have to offer change as well. I am sorry to hear that your room had a smoke smell to it. We do not allow our guests to smoke in the rooms on our property, but we do allow them to smoke on the balconies. I will pass your comments onto our housekeeping department to have them take a look at the room and also the shower. We only have a few ocean view king suites with Jacuzzi’s in them that they can check each one for the issues that you mentioned. Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

I have stayed at Breakers Resort before and keep coming back because of the great service and friendly staff.
After check in I realized that the ice maker in the fridge was not working properly . I called maintanance for assistance. Response was reasonably fast and repairs were carried out immediately. I would like to thank Laneea Fischer, (Maintanance Technician ) for her help in solving the issue.
This is why I will come back next year.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Rob J,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful comments with us. It’s so wonderful to heat that you keep coming back because of the great service and friendly staff. I absolutely love the service that our maintenance department provides. Laneea is a gem and wonderful to work with. I will make sure to pass along your comments to her. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I have stayed with the Breakers before and highly recommend their facilities. Very close to everything whether walking on the sidewalks or beach. Friendly staff and rooms are nice. Many accommodations including pools, hot tubs, restaurant, gym and parking.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Dear DoubleD2016,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It’s so wonderful to hear that you keep coming back because of our location and friendly staff. Having multiple pools, hot tubs, two restaurants a fitness room and free parking are added perks that we have year round. The amenities that we offer increase during the season to pool side music, activities for kids of all ages and pool side service from our Rusty Reel restaurant. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

First I saw a room on the Internet & tried to reserve thru chat & telephone. Rate had went up $15 be the time I got through. I contested but the reservationist stood firm.I went back to chat & the same person, Tammy, answered chat also. They changed the rates & Tammy stated, 'isn't that the rate I just gave you'. Knowing they were in the process of changing rates they temporarily blocked the on line reservation. Price gouging is price gouging. She called it supply & demand as they expected a warm weekend. Finally got the reservation manager who assured me it had been an issue all morning & he gladly gave me the Internet rate. The Thievery didn't stop there. On my way home I was called to inform me I was being charged a $50 cleaning fee because of a milk spot on the sheet & a milk circle on the bedside table as well as some sunflower seeds on the bedroom floor. Trust me that is not considered excessively dirty. I expressed hopefully they had planned to vacumn, wipe the tables & laundry the linen. She stated the housekeepers were on a timer & if it takes longer to clean the room they can call it excessive. I bet that housekeeper didn't get that $50 & being timed to clean a room can pretty much ensure it is not throughly clean between patrons. I asked to speak to a manager & knowing he wasn't there on weekends put me thru to a phone with no voice mail. Asked for the corporate # she refused to give it to me. Also the night before we asked to use a vacumn since no cleaning products were in the room & the guy stated he wasn't allowed to take it in the room. Since we asked for a vacumn she finally agreed to reimburse my $50. That has not been done. Having been a patron for many years of the Breakers Resort it is now time for me to move north. (No wonder they have bedbug reports on the bedbug report website). They also have a ruse I have read & seen on my last 2 visits where security knocks & states the TV is too loud while he is obviously looking around the room. We had 4 kids so lord knows we didn't need the TV on too.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucinda H

Dear Lucinda H,

I would like to apologize to you for not enjoying your stay with us. However, I assure you that we are not in the business of either price gouging or charging guests additional amounts after they check out. As in any business, we are guided by supply and demand. Therefore as more of our rooms are reserved, the rates will rise a bit. As for the excessive cleaning fee, we have to charge this to guests on very rare occasions. Unfortunately, our housekeeping manager walked into your room and determined that it would not be able to be cleaned in a timely manner due to the excessively unclean state it was left in. Sunflower seeds blanketed every inch of the bedroom floor space. Sunflower seeds also covered the living room and were found behind the Murphy bed. A simple vacuum cleaner cannot pick up items as large as the seeds, so our housekeeping staff had to pick up the seeds with brooms and dustpans. Despite this, we still agreed to reimburse the $50 cleaning fee and did so immediately after speaking with you. Unfortunately refunds can take up to 7-10 business days before your bank will put the money back in your account. In regards to the reference of our hotel being on the bedbug report website, sadly nearly every hotel in Myrtle Beach has appeared on the site at one time or another. Bedbugs have been a terrible problem for the entire hotel industry. However, I assure you that all of our rooms are inspected by our staff daily and by a professional each month. If we discover that any have been brought into our rooms, we certainly eradicate them immediately. I am sorry that you feel it is time to move on to another area at the beach, but should you find yourself wanting to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly.