See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My family and i stayed at The Atlantic Hotel (South) in Mrytle Beach, SC. We enjoyed our stay. Romms were clean. Staff was courteous. No problems whatsoever. I recommend staying there. We were able to get a good night's rest each night. Stay there for a whole week. We could not find a reason to condemn.

Nathan Davis

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Rooms are disgusting. The "ocean front" view is blocked by buildings. This hotel is across the street, not on the ocean front. The owner discriminates against guests with disabilities. I have contacted an attorney to sue him for ADA violations.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank enything2000
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Worst hotel ever. No mention on the website about the hotel being under construction. Mattresses chairs and other furniture stacked in hallways. Everything covered in paint chips and dust. Weird people who looked like they live there full-time loitering in the hallway. Very seedy and sketchy.

Walked in the room and it smelled like someone had passed gas. There was no lock on the balcony door which was very easily accessible. The bathroom sink didn't work. The sheets were yellowed and I found a bug in my bed. The air conditioning unit was set to 66 but the room was over 80°.

When we complained downstairs we were told there were no other rooms and Mohamed doesn't do refunds. He is apparently the owner and likes to leave fake positive reviews.

We ended up driving home in the middle of the night in the dark 2 1/2 hours just to not stay at this trash motel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Meredith F
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I booked this cheaper hotel room as I was just wanting a cheap weekend get away with my wife and kids. When I got into the room, I almost immediately smelled the cigarette smoke. It was supposed to be a non smoking room, since I have kids. Something then caught my eye. Several cockroaches running everywhere. And then I saw more. The stove was not cleaned and looked like it would probably catch on fire if I turned it on. Asked the front desk for another room but was told they did not have any available. I then asked for a refund to go stay somewhere else and they refused. When I asked to speak to the manager I was lied to and told she was the manager and no refund. She was not the manager. The staff was extremely rude and could care less that they lost a customer.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Brandon T
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Never been anywhere as bad as this. I WILL report to health and safety !! I don't see how this place hasn't been shut down. I booked one room, soon as we opened the door (which could've easily been broken into) we see Mold and cockroaches everywhere. The photos on website are phony or from 100 years ago cause this place is horrible. I tried to get my money back, anything but they did nothing ! Not even a apology. Paid $170 for one night only to leave just as soon as they took my money !! I was NOT sleeping there, never been in such a nasty place in my life ! Do Not Stay Here !!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family