All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskwaffleswould stay here againchoice hotelswaffle makerfree breakfastravenel bridgestayed nightsconvenient locationstaff was friendlynice poolparking lotcharlestonmtcerealmicrowave
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel on a drive north over spring break. Did not reserve in advance. Family of five - two adults one tween and two teens. There were not very many cars in the lot, which made us skeptical, but all was fine. The lobby and breakfast area were bright and clean. The room was clean, though it smelled musty from no open windows.

The breakfast was plentiful. Lots of options, hot and cold.

The location was great. We intended to do a day in Charleston, but Mount Pleasant was so nice, we spent more time there. Great pier and playground, nice drive to the beach on Sullivan's Island. Just at the base of the bridge headed to Charleston. Very short drive.

We would stay there again.
We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Motel style. We preferred being on the upper level.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The 2 ⭐️ are for the cleanliness of the room, and breakfast which was good! The staff wasn’t very knowledgeable about anything like the cable channel guide, where our room was, coupons for places, etc. The walls where thin and could hear children jumping and screaming a lot, and people walking. No elevator so had to carry luggage up 2 flights of stairs outside, water set out for bridge runners but not for guests, cut off room key 2+ hours before checkout time. This was the only room I could find for $168 per night & I wouldn’t pay $30 per night to ever stay here again. If this is ever your last option, go somewhere else!

Room Tip: 1st floor no elevator for luggage!
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had to book a hotel somewhat last minute and did not have many choices in where we could stay. I definitely do not feel like this hotel was worth almost the $300 we paid for 2 nights.

Check in was easy. As soon as we got to our room and opened the door, the room had a weird smell wafting out of it. I checked the bedding and it seemed clean at least. I looked in the bathroom and it smelled like urine and there was pee dried on the toilet seat. The tub and shower curtain had hair on it. The bathroom overall did not feel or smell clean. I wore shower shoes to shower. Bathroom smelled like pee and felt gross.

The floor had not been vacuumed either. I would definitely wear socks or house shoes in the room (I usually do anywhere we stay). The bottoms of our kids socks were so brown from just walking on the floor in the room.

Phone didn't have any cords hooked to it whatsoever. None going from the phone to the wall and none from the phone to the headset part. I had my cell so this wasn't an issue for me but still.

There were people partying in the room right next door til 3 am. They were yelling, talking loudly, hanging out on the walkway, and playing loud music most of the night. It was just me and my two small children and I didn't feel safe causing an issue by saying something about it. So I just dealt with it.

Overall, the experience I had here was the worst I have had at a hotel in many years. If I had a choice I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CappsFamily
Reviewed 28 March 2018

For this trip I was traveling solo and as a female it is always important to make sure the location is a safe one. I felt completely safe and would stay at this hotel again! Breakfast was amazing- lots of different options offered. Staff was friendly. Bed was comfy and room was clean.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LRen05
Reviewed 14 March 2018

This hotel is affordable, safe and convenient. It was remodeled about 5 years ago, so the rooms have newer furnishing. The towels were fluffy and clean. I did not have time for breakfast put the breakfast area and lobby was packed with folks eating, it must have been good.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pool/courtyard are probably have less road/traffic noise. But during swimming season, it probably has more kid noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business