All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskwaffleswould stay here againchoice hotelswaffle makerfree breakfastravenel bridgeconvenient locationstaff was friendlynice poolparking lotcharlestonmtcerealmicrowavegps
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The 2 ⭐️ are for the cleanliness of the room, and breakfast which was good! The staff wasn’t very knowledgeable about anything like the cable channel guide, where our room was, coupons for places, etc. The walls where thin and could hear children jumping and screaming a lot, and people walking. No elevator so had to carry luggage up 2 flights of stairs outside, water set out for bridge runners but not for guests, cut off room key 2+ hours before checkout time. This was the only room I could find for $168 per night & I wouldn’t pay $30 per night to ever stay here again. If this is ever your last option, go somewhere else!

Room Tip: 1st floor no elevator for luggage!
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I had to book a hotel somewhat last minute and did not have many choices in where we could stay. I definitely do not feel like this hotel was worth almost the $300 we paid for 2 nights.

Check in was easy. As soon as we got to our room and opened the door, the room had a weird smell wafting out of it. I checked the bedding and it seemed clean at least. I looked in the bathroom and it smelled like urine and there was pee dried on the toilet seat. The tub and shower curtain had hair on it. The bathroom overall did not feel or smell clean. I wore shower shoes to shower. Bathroom smelled like pee and felt gross.

The floor had not been vacuumed either. I would definitely wear socks or house shoes in the room (I usually do anywhere we stay). The bottoms of our kids socks were so brown from just walking on the floor in the room.

Phone didn't have any cords hooked to it whatsoever. None going from the phone to the wall and none from the phone to the headset part. I had my cell so this wasn't an issue for me but still.

There were people partying in the room right next door til 3 am. They were yelling, talking loudly, hanging out on the walkway, and playing loud music most of the night. It was just me and my two small children and I didn't feel safe causing an issue by saying something about it. So I just dealt with it.

Overall, the experience I had here was the worst I have had at a hotel in many years. If I had a choice I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CappsFamily
Reviewed 28 March 2018

For this trip I was traveling solo and as a female it is always important to make sure the location is a safe one. I felt completely safe and would stay at this hotel again! Breakfast was amazing- lots of different options offered. Staff was friendly. Bed was comfy and room was clean.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LRen05
Reviewed 14 March 2018

This hotel is affordable, safe and convenient. It was remodeled about 5 years ago, so the rooms have newer furnishing. The towels were fluffy and clean. I did not have time for breakfast put the breakfast area and lobby was packed with folks eating, it must have been good.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pool/courtyard are probably have less road/traffic noise. But during swimming season, it probably has more kid noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

A group of girls and I took a trip to Charleston as our last weekend together before the Marine Corps sends us to our respective duty stations, each in different corners of the globe. We got there late, about 12:15 am, after a four hour drive and checked into a room that smelled musty and gross. As with most long car rides, all of us had to use the bathroom and we were frustrated to find that the toilet was clogged (and the bathroom smelled terrible) before we even got there. When we let the front desk know, they told us they'd bring by a plunger. They didn't even offer to fix it... they just dropped the plunger off at our room door. Terrible customer service. The walls were thin, enough so that we could hear other rooms flushing their working toilets! The place was cheaply furnished and the bathroom/"closet" layout was bizarre and awkward to maneuver around with more than one person. The bathroom tub was old and scratched up, and the shower wouldn’t turn off once turned on. The carpet around the beds had stuff stuck in the fibers and it looked like nobody even attempted to vacuum between the bed and the wall. Recommend staying at the hotel up the street, especially if you have kids or if you value cleanliness.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends