Review of Shipwatch 2266

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Joseph H
Louisville, Kentucky
“Needs updating!! And quickly.”
Reviewed 7 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

The second we opened the door and walked into the condo, I suspected we might be in for a disappointment. There was a musty smell that made me wonder if the place had even been opened in months. I attributed that to the ocean moisture and didn't worry too much. But that thought quickly dissipated when I saw the décor that hadn't been touched since the 70's, and a refrigerator that looked (and sounded) like it had just come from a thrift store. But I think we were most stunned when we opened the TV cabinet to discover a television that was so old it had a VHS player built into it. I had no idea they still existed. I mean, come on - the owner can't invest even just a few hundred dollars for a TV from this century?? Now, I will say that there was a flat screen tv in the bedroom - but it was teeny tiny and only got 1 channel. One channel. And maybe also look into a new couch. It was old and reeked. It was obvious that the owner keeps the good cushions hidden away for themselves because they didn't even come close to matching the frame. In fact .. it was so uncomfortable that we would stay away at night because it was hard to enjoy the condo.
What a shame that this condo needs so much updating so badly. Because the ocean-front location was lovely ... And Kiawah is such a wonderful place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?

Travellers are raving about these Kiawah Island hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Book Now
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing