All reviews the breakfast area waffle maker breakfast each morning free breakfast coligny beach hilton head island walking distance to the beach yogurt tennis courts nice room free shuttle bed was comfortable mini vacation clean rooms would stay here again coligny circle water pressure
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I must say the staff in this motel polite,kind, and help On check in the cleanliness of the room was totally acceptable. but day 1 floor was not swept. Day 2 the room was not cleaned at all by the time we returned to the room around 4pm. Whe I called front desk at 5 pm I was told the cleaning staff had left for the day. I finally got some towels for morning shower and the trash emptied and some clean trash bags. Keep in mnd the reservation was made a yr ago and we had no out door patio and but a walk way of what remained of a cemented area twice its size. few had a lovely view of a rusted chain link fence and what used to be a tennis court. The pool was 3- 4 ft deep and only large enough to accompany about 10 persons. the room would be fine for an overnight stay if looking for a clean place to sleep. I would have left if the staff had not been so wonderful ie front desk staff.

Room Tip: stay off 1st floor no good views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank yayajudy
busyvacationer, General Manager at Best Western Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

I really appreciate your comments, as you are the only source of feedback so we may address customer concerns. I have spoken with Housekeeping regarding your stay and all future guests stay. The tennis courts, unfortunately do not belong to us so we cannot do anything about them. Our new pool is quite ample for a small boutique hotel, as we only have 63 rooms. The capacity for seating is over poolside is twenty with a bench wall for seating in the pool and 20 additional seats in chairs with umbrellas, has all new custom made furniture with breakfast seating outside for guests to enjoy.

I appreciate the staff comments, as they are our strongest asset and we really appreciate them.

Regards,

Lenny Smith

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and the staff was great! Even though it didn’t have beach access, it was within a 1min drive to the local access point or or could call the free shuttle! No complaints at all!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2018

The location of this hotel is fine - you do have to walk to get to the beach, but we did not have a problem with that during our stay. There is a tiny pedestrian beach access trail just across from the hotel property which will get you to the beach in maybe a minute (though locating the actual Best Western from the road is not intuitive - for future visitors: turn in at the Xanadu condos & turn left past the tennis court to get to it).
Location aside, the customer service at the front desk was flippant at best; they were busy, I get it... but still. No problems with room service or other services.

Be warned: our room was damp. I mean, it was more humid in our room than it was outside. The air/thermostat worked - we could feel it blowing & the temperature stayed where we set it, but the air remained humid & damp no matter what setting we put on the thermostat, which made our time in our room horribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lara A
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I spent two nights at this hotel and I don’t regret my decision, even though it doesn’t sit immediately on the beach. The hotel is at a superb location,newly renovated, very peaceful and quiet with a brand new pool. The front deak agent,Sophia, who checked us in was very polite and professional and as warm as the Hilton Head sun. I am definitely looking forward to go back pretty soon.

Great Breakfast

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Shadae C
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Adequate rooms, inconvevient to get to the beach - you have to drive and park in the public lot or walk a half mile carrying all of your beach gear. Breakfast area is too small for the number of guests. Food was constantly running out.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family