1,922 results
All reviews carolina room heavenly bed koi pond pool area ocean view covered pool self parking outdoor bar beautiful property hot tub housekeeping staff hilton head island lounge chairs off season oceanfront room the entire staff beach access
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for meetings and it is wonderful place . It is what one would expect . The only minor complaints : I think Hi def , clear reception tv is the norm , but I felt I was in the 90s trying to watch a fb game . I struggled getting WiFi but maybe it was me . Phone reception has improved dramatically . Having said that , you come for the ambiance and beauty of the Westin , not the electronic conveniences .

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Flounder1109,

Thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to provide feedback. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay overall and that you especially enjoyed the ambiance and beauty of The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa. We do apologize for the technical problems you experienced and for the inconvenience this caused. We appreciate your valuable insight and will share your review with the appropriate individuals to make any improvements that are needed. We encourage you to try us again in the future as we are confident you will enjoy a much-improved experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa is right is in the perfect location, with fantastic views of the ocean and just steps from the beach! We had a king oceanfront room with a balcony and it was so modern and beautiful! The staff at the Westin was very helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lynette M,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa. We are pleased our location was convenient for your visit to all the many attractions of our coastal town. We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed your beautiful view of the ocean from your luxurious and modern oceanfront room. Thank you for your compliments regarding our helpful and friendly associates. We will be happy to share your kind words with them. We hope we will be the first resort you think of on future trips to Hilton Head Island.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

One of the best hotels my wife and I have stayed. We travel for vacation six to seven times per year and this is one of the best visits. This hotel has it all, great friendly staff, on the beach, three outdoor pools, huge hot tub. Clean and spacious rooms, we had ocean front view, incredible. It does not get any better than this. Book it and enjoy a great time!

Room tip: Get the ocean front room, worth a little extra money.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2018

The hotel is beautiful. The fountain in the front makes a great impression. Check in was great. The associate Craig was a pleasure to deal with. The room was spacious and luxurious. The bathroom was fabulous. My kids loved the shower!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Janice H,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and for your very kind review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our beautiful resort and that your children especially loved the shower in your luxurious bathroom. Thank you for mentioning Craig who provided exceptional service during check-in. We will share your kind words with Craig, and thank him personally for the work that he is doing daily. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Firstly I booked this hotel before I read the reviews. Once I read the reviews before my stay I did get concerned.

Room 5041
Despite calling the hotel prior to arriving to ask for a room close to the main elevator and confirming this at checkin my room was miles away., sure it was in fact the furthest room away!!! Wasn’t happy about this having mobility issues but that being said the room was spotless clean, the bed very comfortable and I had a room with a balcony and distant view of the ocean (above the trees).

Restaurants
I did not eat dinner in the hotel but took advantage of the buffet breakfast in the Carolina room which was excellent. One of the best choices for a hotel buffet I’ve seen in a long time. Omelette station, crepes, hot and cold pastries, fruits, meats, cereals and plenty of healthy options. Really was something for everyone.

Beach
While I loved how the hotel was on the beach I was surprised to see it in the state it was, really needed a good clean. I don’t know where the dead vegetation came from but most areas I’ve been to clean this up on a regular basis. Wasn’t appealing enough to spend any time on the beach.

Parking
I did the self parking, which was extremely strange. I was looking for disabled parking, I kept driving around and couldn’t see how to enter. Eventually I gave up and went to valet. I told the valet I was actually looking for disabled self park but couldn’t find a way to get there. He kindly explained that it was only entered through the valet area and he lifted the barrier so I could get through (that was very strange to say the least). Now I didn’t pay to park and I know some people have mentioned on here they paid in the self parking, so not sure if that was down to having a disabled spot.

Overall I found the staff attentive. The hotel clean (although the cabanas has seen better days) and I had an enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear applestrudel,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that with the exception of a few issues, you had a pleasant stay. We are delighted you enjoyed our delicious breakfast buffet at The Carolina Room and our exceptional staff. We hope you will accept our apologies for the confusion with the self-parking and that your room was not close to the elevators. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit so we can provide you with the seamless stay you deserve.