“Best Japanese food in Greer!”

Osaka Grill Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 153 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: Japanese
“Best Japanese food in Greer!”
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This little place is one of Greer's hidden gems. Not only do they have some of the best, most consistent sweet iced tea around, but they offer an excellent variety of Japanese hibachi and teriyaki style entrees and excellently prepared sushi. We have enjoyed every visit, and continue to eat here regularly.

Visited January 2017

Taylors, South Carolina
“A DELICIOUS LUNCH”
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I just had lunch with my husband and some friends at this restaurant. The food was fresh and delicious. I cannot tell you how great the ginger salad dressing is! The vegetables were fresh and tasty. The service was excellent. The lunch menu was very reasonably priced and included a salad and drink. My husband had the dinner size and I didn't feel that it was significantly larger. So...lunch is a great value.

• Visited June 2016
Duncan, South Carolina, United States
“Pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 22 February 2016

This was my first visit to the Osaka Grill. I was impressed by the understated decor and the nice orchids at the bar (see my photo). The dining area was spotless. Service was good--prompt, accurate and courteous. I ordered the tempura pork chop bown, which was served with soup or salad and vegetable.

I picked the salad, which was iceberg lettuce with some flecks of carrot and red cabbage to break the monotonous color. Although it wasn't anything special, the lettuce was crisp, and chopped into a size that could be eaten with chopsticks.

The main course was a thin pork chop tempura, cooked and then cut into squares, served over fried rice. The vegetable turned out to be two vegetables: sliced carrots--sweet but not overly so, and steamed mushroom, broccoli and zucchini. The pork had more tempura than meat, and was not all that inspiring, nevertheless the flavor was pretty good.

I'll go back again and try something else on the menu, which includes sushi.

• Visited February 2016
Greer, South Carolina
“Fresh Fish, Service Lacking”
Reviewed 19 May 2015

The service at this restaurant needs help. The sushi was really fresh but the organization of the waitstaff with the kitchen & sushi chef needed help. This is a small establishment which would make you think they'd have better organization, but both times I visited, weekend & mid-week, they ran the same. There is only one sushi chef & she appears to run stuff in the kitchen as well which limited her time at the sushi bar. The service staff was young & inexperienced, often leaving us without drinks - for me a big no-no. The problem I have really is that the fish is so fresh & I haven't found any other places as of yet, that I would most likely return. The prices are reasonable, but we did get shorted pieces of sushi. Their sit down menu & take-out menu don't match and the number of pieces we got in our rolls didn't either.

Visited May 2015
Indy
“Small Place, Good quick food.”
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Driving up Wade Hampton we passed this small diner several times before deciding to stop and try it out. The food, service and general atmosphere was above average but far from the best I have had. The only real standout was the Ginger dressing. They were stingy on their sauces, both on the food itself and on the side. You had to request the brown sauce and received just a little. The salad was skimpy but the entree was generous. We may return if the mood strikes us but there are better options in the Greenville/Greer area

• Visited March 2015