“Dinner”

Add it.
Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 166 Restaurants in Greer
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I use to eat here as a child well found out that their is new owners that egg rolls are awesome and the wings are delicious really it's all great it's a husband wife duo so be patient not a lot of help its worth the wait

Reviewed 4 February 2017

This little out-of-the-way place was quite a find. While the menu is a little limited compared to other Asian restaurants in the area, the food was excellent, with obviously fresh ingredients. Carry-out service was a little slow because the restaurant also offers delivery (a rare service for most local Chinese places) but the quality of the food made up for the wait.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

I had been passing this place for quite some time and, with my wife away and having to "batch it", I decided to try it for take out.
I ordered two standard items: Shrimp Chow Mein and Dumplings. The dumplings were OK and full but the dipping sauce was too salty, probably because it was mostly soy sauce. No zing.
Chow mein is a simple dish to cook but can be messed up easily. A lot of Chinese restaurants mess it up with too much corn starch. This was not the case here. Instead, it was kind of watery, almost like a soup. Somehow, they put in way too much ginger. I never had Chow mien with ginger before and it came as an unpleasant surprise.
But then this is South Carolina. So far, I have only been able to find one excellent Chinese Restaurant in the Greer, Greenville, Travelers Rest area.
Sorry. I tried. Hopefully they will take this as constructive and eliminate the ginger.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I suppose it's a matter of taste, but this was the worst Chinese food I've ever had. We've been looking for a good, inexpensive Chinese take out place since we moved to Greer a few months back. A friend recommended this place saying he doesn't care for Chinese, but his wife liked it. I suppose I shouldn't have taken a recommendation from somebody who doesn't like Chinese.

We got Orange Chicken, Sesame Chicken, and Sweet & Sour Chicken. The chicken was slimy and just tasted bad. I tried all 3 kinds and none of them were good. Nobody in our family cared for it.

To be fair, we've been getting Chinese take out from the same place for about 20 years and we are rather biased toward their cooking. It may be that other's would feel the same way about them. However, Peking was also considerably more expensive, too. We will keep looking for a good, inexpensive Chinese take out place.

Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

We love Peking Chinese. It is our go-to Restaurant when we want Chinese food! They have a large variety of lo mein and fried rice! My husband loves their pork fried rice, while I prefer the chicken fried rice! I havnt tried anything I don't like! They make delicious Chinese doughnuts, they are a must try! The staff is really friendly and usually knows what we want when we come in! Plus they offer delivery!

Been to Peking Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!