“It's has the same super Chinese dinner I first had, 40 years ago - Absolutely Wonderful!”

Dragon Den Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 166 Restaurants in Greer
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 September 2017

It's been years since I had Chinese at the original Dragon Den Restaurant in Greenville - and last night, I decided enough was enough! I hunted for and found the Dragon Den on Hudson Road, and experienced what I've missed all these years!

It's been more than forty years since I had chicken fried rice - which I learned to ask for as “gai chow fong” - at the first Dragon Den on Augusta Street, the initial Chinese restaurant Vivian and Thomas Wong opened in Greenville. I used to go with others from work, for lunch at least once a week. Vivian was delightful as hostess and cashier, while Thomas did his culinary magic in the kitchen.

The Dragon Den, at Brushy Creek Crossing, on the corner of Old Spartanburg Road and Brushy Creek Road, provides its patrons with the best of what the original Dragon Den restaurants provided: good, tasty Chinese food at reasonable prices and in a congenial atmosphere.

In addition, the Dragon Den has a massive menu that certainly should contain something for everyone! Last night, I opted for number S17 - Imperial Seafood Delight - containing shrimp, scallops, lobster meat, crabmeat, diced veggies, all in an elegantly spicy tomato sauce, and with a sumptuous helping of fried rice. And, our waitress, Emily, was a super serve person - five gold starts ***** for her!

Be assured I WILL be returning to this Dragon Den often, now that I know where it's located and that it has what I first learned to love all those years ago, huge helpings of delicious Chinese food!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Really good Chinese food! Nice people!
Driving through town and tried Dragon Den, worth the stop! Thanks!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Dragon Den has consistent food. My favorite is the Egg Foo Young. It is chocked full of delicious vegetables. The Egg Rolls are delicious too.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Perhaps 30 years ago, Dragon Den was one of the marquis Chinese restaurants in the Greenville area. Since that time, Dragon Den has relocated and changed hands. Simultaneously, the food scene in general has transformed significantly; these days an excellent dining experience with high food quality are ubiquitous, with styles ranging from authentic to fusion. As far as the overall quality of flavor and prices on the menu compared to the current market, Dragon Den is now trending Below Average in my book, thus my low rating.
That said, DD does benefit from being in a good established location which is convenient to an important residential sector, and takeout is probably a significant part of their business. The menu is also large and varied, which increases the odds that one could eventually find a dish which is at least acceptable enough to be considered "good" for most tastes. It's not a restaurant my family disdains or avoids (we eat there occasionally, mostly for soup) but it's also not a place I'd readily recommend if someone asked for a local place to get some good Chinese food.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

I ate the Chicken and Broccoli with steamed white rice. It was good and the portion served both myself and my daughter.

Been to Dragon Den Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!