Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kathleen G

Best Experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Apr 2023
We've been traveling across the country and have not had a better experience anywhere! the atmosphere is calming, elegant, exotic, and gorgeous! But more than that are the people! Genuine and caring, everyone greeted us with a smile and a friendly word. This isn't a facade of southern hospitality--these are truly happy people who love their jobs and care about each other and those who visit. The staff at the restaurant was knowledgeable and helpful with our questions on ingredients. We can't thank you enough.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 15 Apr 2023
Dear EowynRoh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Greenville Marriott. Your compliments were a pleasure to read. We're delighted to learn you were thoroughly spoiled by our team. We will be sure to share your fantastic compliments with the entire staff. We appreciate your review and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Nicole Carr
  • StayForLong
    $186
7.3 km from Greenville Marriott
View more hotels in Greenville
All reviews front desk would stay here again beds were very comfortable southern hospitality monty marion thermostat television conference starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2022 via mobile

As always, we received exemplary service and accommodation at the Greenville Marriott. Our room, and dining service, were of high standards. Our arrival began with a personal welcome by Front Office Manager Mr. Marion Brayboy who was available and a hospitable presence during our four day stay. He is a great team leader.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Greenville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2022

Dear DustyReader,

Thank you for choosing the Greenville Marriott and your loyalty to our hotel. We are glad to read your comments about the great service you received from our associates. All our team members are dedicated to going the extra mile in taking care of guests. Please be assured we will pass on your compliments to everyone. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2022 via mobile

I stayed here one night for a conference. The hotel is a little older, but still very clean and comfortable. The front lobby staff were very cheerful and kind, which is a breath of fresh air. I love the shampoo and conditioner Marriott carries in the room. Conveniently located right off the highway and close to many restaurants and Starbucks. Ample free parking. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Greenville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2022

Dear B6383SAamandam,

Thank you for being our guest at the Greenville Marriott while here for a meeting. We enjoyed reading your review and learning about the highlights of your stay. We appreciate your comments about our immaculate accommodations, convenient location, excellent customer service, and the many amenities we offer. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to Greenville.

Reviewed 4 October 2022 via mobile

Currently here on business. Front desk was friendly but did not recognize that I was a Bonvoy member or acknowledge any requests. Rooms are definitely outdated and need sprucing up. AC Is also old and currently only comes out of one vent for the entire room and bathroom. Thermostat does not feel accurate. Sitting at 60 degrees and is still warmish. Cleanliness left much to be desired. Shower curtain and toilet were dirty. Showerheads have mildew. The sheets appear clean but I don't trust it based on what it's visible by my naked eye. Icing on the cake: housekeeping came to change my dirty curtain and rested her keys and lanyard on my bath towel and washcloth. Then proceeded to question why I requested another one. So these are the people who are ensuring that "enhanced cleaning protocols" are being followed? Will not stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Greenville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2022

Dear Smyze142,

We value you as a Marriott Bonvoy member and are sorry that we did not recognize your status upon checking in. We will be using this as a learning experience with our associates. We seek to provide an exceptional experience for each guest; therefore, we are sorry for the issues you encountered in your room and that it did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, and we appreciate you bringing these observations to our attention. We utilize feedback like yours to improve our guest experience; therefore, we are grateful for your review. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the outstanding stay you deserve.

Reviewed 31 July 2022 via mobile

When I think of Marriott, I think of a nice, clean, well run upper mid-scale hotel. First impression, this Marriott fit the bill. But stay a few nights and you’ll realize it’s a bit of a facade. The mattress is old and had a big divot in the middle, so be careful when you roll over into the ditch. During a 4 night stay, I had housekeeping only 3 days. Not sure what happened on my last night, but when I returned to the room at 11pm, the dirty towels were still on the floor, bed not made, and trash not taken out, but interestingly, they replaced my hand towel- that was it! Not to mention I don’t think they ever vacuumed during my stay because there were peanuts on the floor that never moved. The tv also had a giant line thru the middle of the screen. The Staff were very nice and helpful, but overall it was a big disappointment for the money.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Greenville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your review. We regret you were not entirely satisfied with the overall condition of our hotel. Your valuable feedback gives us the knowledge we need as we continually seek to improve our guest experience. We will utilize your comments as we continue to monitor our property's revitalization. Furthermore, we also regret any disappointment with some of our services not being available during your stay due to the current circumstances. Everything we do is in our guests' and associates' best interest, and we are very grateful for your patience. Please know that you can always reach out to our front desk with your specific requests. On a positive note, we are glad you were pleased with our hospitality. We appreciate all your comments and look forward to welcoming you back for a much better stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2022 via mobile

I was supposed to stay here twice, but the first stay was so bad that I cancelled the second that was supposed to be two days later. I checked in around 9 pm and I was exhausted. I headed up to my room on the 7th floor and the key didn’t work and a do not disturb sign was hanging. I had to trek back to the front desk and wait for others before I could be assisted. The front desk employee had written the wrong room number on my key envelope. No apologies, just an “oops.” I then finally headed to the correct room. The rooms are dated and the mattress was not comfortable, it was old and lumpy. There’s a crack between the doorframe and door so you here every single sound in the hall. Every. Single. Sound. I used the hotel gym and it was a mess. Looks like the equipment hasn’t been cleaned in ages. What was that about “Marriott’s commitment to clean?”

Room tip: Book somewhere else
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Greenville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2022

Dear 901aprill

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very sorry you didn't have a restful night's sleep. Quality and comfort are central to what we provide our guests; therefore, we regret not meeting these expectations. We have taken note of the concerns you raised as we continually strive to ensure a perfect visit for every guest. Thank you again for sharing, and we hope to see you soon.