“Great selection of food”

Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 993 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Haven't had a bad items on the menu and have been here a couple dozen times. Be sure to try their curry dishes.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

A friend suggested we try Sweet Basil and glad we did. I had never heard of it even though it has existed for 13 years. I met the owner and he was very friendly and appreciative.

Atmosphere, service, food quality were all good and the prices were fair. My brother had the soft shell crab with soup and I had dried noodles with chicken and also soup. All was very good and tasty.

When ordering you have a choice of spicy, mild or none. We did the mild and it was a little too spicy for me but OK. Depending on your preference they can do it.

We returned on the way to the airport two days later but they didn't open for dinner until 5 p.m. so I will have to wait until another day. I highly recommend Sweet Basil.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I’m relatively new to Thai cuisine but love the food. The menu choices are quite numerous and so far, all have been very good. I always look to the server for suggestions and ask for ‘favorite’ or ‘popular’ items. ‘It’s all good’ is all I ever get. ‘It’s all good’. ‘It’s all good’. Tonight I asked our server to describe a selection and she tells me ‘it’s fresh’ kept repeating ‘it’s fresh’ so I asked for someone else to come to our table and explain. Several minutes later the owner visits and defends his server that everything is good and fresh. He was very defensive and I explained that I don’t know Thai cuisine very well but want to better learn the food and suggested his waitstaff should better explain choices and have an opinion. He became more defensive and told me that she has worked there for ten years! He kept interrupting me and became angry, raising his voice and defending her. Wow! What a hot head! We finished our drinks and left. He personally brought our check to the table. Don’t ya think he should have apologized and comped our drinks?! Don’t worry, we won’t return and will spread the news about our bad service.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is mostly very busy and lots of people I know love to go there! For me being new to American cuisine and used to live in Thailand i might be a bit too judging. I liked the food but for my taste it is totally American Thai, which might be totally fine for 99% of the customer. I will definitely be there again, since the taste is really not bad at all.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We went with our friends who had eaten here many times and enjoyed themselves.and when we arrived we were welcomed very nicely. We sat at a regular table which I like because you have more room than in a booth. We started with drinks and sharing a few appetizers Spring Rolls and Steamed Dumplings that were very good. My wife and I had the Garlic Soft Shell Crab which was very good and nicely prepared I had the Pad Thai which I thought was dry and I added the extra Shrimp and beef, but I got way to much Chicken and not enough beef. The evening was fun and the service was very good and will go back and suggest a few things.