“Service is to fast which made us uncomfortable ”

Lieu's Chinese Bistro
Ranked #60 of 993 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2023

My friend and I stopped in for lunch and to catch up on life. The server was very nice at first but became a pain. She did bring water, and we told her we'd let her know when we were ready to order. She kept coming back. When we finally ordered they brought the soup which is small in size. We had just started to try and enjoy our soup and the rest of the food came. The food is only average to start with, and cold it's not great at all. We'll think twice about coming back

Reviewed 4 November 2023

Had a late lunch here on a THU. I had the Happy Family, my wife had Sweet and Sour Chicken. Food always good here, hot, fresh tasting.

Reviewed 3 October 2023

Do NOT come here! Food is mediocre and service is poor but the service charge is an absolute scam. $34 meal for 2 with over $6 ‘service’ charge no including taxes or tip before tipping the server the total ended up being almost $50. Absolute SCAM.

Reviewed 12 March 2023

Lo mein noodles were soaked and overwhelmed with salt. They replaced it and it was the same. Fortunately they didn’t charge us. If you want authentic Chinese or Asian food go somewhere else.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 17 June 2022

I called early this week to reserve a large, more private table at Lieu's for a birthday party for two women at my church. When I reserved the room, I was told that it could accommodate a total of 12 people. We had 10 RSVP, so I though everything was good. When I arrived about 5 minutes early with a few other members of the group, the hostess refused to seat us because our entire party was not present. About 20 minutes later, 8 members of our party of 10 had arrived, and I asked to be seated as two of our party members were not sure when they could arrive and didn't realize they had to arrive right at 6PM to be seated. As we walked back, the hostess refused to allow our party to sit at the private table in the back I had called and reserved. She was having the wait staff move the drinks/waters/silverware to another table of the same size in the bigger dining room. There were very few patrons in the restaurant at the time and actually for the whole evening, so space wasn't an issue. The hostess insisted that she could "not allow us to have this table with 10 chairs as our party had only 8." This was even though our other two members were on their way, but did not arrive exactly on time. I was humiliated in front of my friends as I had tried to make this a special event for my church group, and I was treated like I was attempting to do something wrong or deceptive by asking for the room I had reserved. I will never eat here again. This was very poor customer service, and there was no reason for it.

Date of visit: June 2022