“Not authentic Chinese cuisine”

Lieu's Chinese Bistro
Ranked #60 of 992 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2023

Lo mein noodles were soaked and overwhelmed with salt. They replaced it and it was the same. Fortunately they didn’t charge us. If you want authentic Chinese or Asian food go somewhere else.

Date of visit: March 2023

Reviewed 17 June 2022

I called early this week to reserve a large, more private table at Lieu's for a birthday party for two women at my church. When I reserved the room, I was told that it could accommodate a total of 12 people. We had 10 RSVP, so I though everything was good. When I arrived about 5 minutes early with a few other members of the group, the hostess refused to seat us because our entire party was not present. About 20 minutes later, 8 members of our party of 10 had arrived, and I asked to be seated as two of our party members were not sure when they could arrive and didn't realize they had to arrive right at 6PM to be seated. As we walked back, the hostess refused to allow our party to sit at the private table in the back I had called and reserved. She was having the wait staff move the drinks/waters/silverware to another table of the same size in the bigger dining room. There were very few patrons in the restaurant at the time and actually for the whole evening, so space wasn't an issue. The hostess insisted that she could "not allow us to have this table with 10 chairs as our party had only 8." This was even though our other two members were on their way, but did not arrive exactly on time. I was humiliated in front of my friends as I had tried to make this a special event for my church group, and I was treated like I was attempting to do something wrong or deceptive by asking for the room I had reserved. I will never eat here again. This was very poor customer service, and there was no reason for it.

Date of visit: June 2022
5  Thank USCJo
Reviewed 6 June 2022

This is not the average fast food take-out place. Every dish is designed to tickle your taste buds with real Chinese cooking, distinctive and delicious. Yes, the price is higher but this place is a must when you want really good Chinese food.

Date of visit: June 2022
1  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 24 January 2022

I really enjoy the Kung Pao and often often it. However, just recently I have noticed that it was very dry with little sauce. I asked for extra sauce the next time and was charged $2.00 and it was not given on the side but added. It seems very expensive for something I could barely tell how much was added. Certainly, it was not $2.00 worth.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 7 November 2021 via mobile

Tasty lunch here - excellent lunch time menu options at good prices. Service is always good here too. Highly recommend trying.

Date of visit: July 2021