“Unexpected surprise, excellent food”

Lieu's Chinese Bistro
Ranked #59 of 1,033 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since opening its present location in September 2003, Lieu's Chinese Bistro has become a staple dining destination for authentic upscale Chinese cuisine in the Greenville, SC area. Lieu’s Chinese Bistro’s specialties include Mongolian beef, spicy shredded pork, curry chicken, salt and pepper calamari, pineapple duck, and mandarin scallops. It offers a variety of seafood dishes, including pan-fried Chilean sea bass filets, steamed fish du jour, and sweet and sour shrimp.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stopped at Lieu's on our way through Greensville for a business trip. It was an expected surprise. We did find that navagating to Lieu's was a bit tricky (it is tucked behind several other buildings), but the food was worth the find. My wife tried the garlic spinach with brown rice and it was very tasty and lite. I had the hot and sour soup (very good) and the hoison duck. It was my first experience with duck and although the price tag was a bit high, it was a delicious entree. The service was qucik and accomodating when I wanted to change my order. There was no wait when we stopped at 2 in the afternoon. We would stop here again when passing through.

Date of visit: March 2014

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I travel frequently to Greenville. On this visit we got carry out from Lieu's Chinese Bistro. I apologize, but I can't recall the very nice person who took my order, but she was very accommodating and pleasant! We ordered Tempura Green Beans, to start. They were delicious! The dipping sauce was also quite good. I ordered Sichuan Beef, and honestly, it was one of the best Chinese meals I have ever had! My hubby just wanted something simple and ordered the pork fried rice. He loved it. The rice was not greasy like it is sometimes at other Chinese restaurants. They included spring rolls which were also delicious. Overall, our dinner was YUMMY! Of note, it was late when we placed our order, and we did arrive very close to their closing time. They were very gratuitous when I went in to pick up and pay for our dinner. The staff was all smiles and welcoming and absolutely no attitude because it was closing time. I look forward to eating at Leiu’s again in the near future and dinning in. From the very great service we received just for a simple carry out, only leads me to believe that their wait staff must be excellent.

Date of visit: February 2014
1  Thank SmokeMtnTraveler
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Great wait staff and service. Every dish we ordered was exceptional! Moderately priced and large portions.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Can't help but compare - both Chinese Bistros, just down the street from each other. Here's the skinny.

Better service than PF Changs - and that's saying a lot! Very professional, fast, courteous and helpful. Among the best waiters in Greenville. (Nepthali)

Much quieter! Better for conversations and meetings.. Talk without yelling. That's my pet peeve with PF Changs - so loud - related to next point

Not quite as ornate/hip atmosphere. The high ceilings and huge open dining room are gorgeous at PF Changs but that's also partly why it's so noisy. Lieus is sectioned into smaller rooms that contain sound, and they use a nice looking acoustical tile ceiling which helps muffle sound. Their lighting, while not ugly - no fluorescent lights, just has nothing on the incredible lighting and ornate furnishings that give PF Changs such an awesome atmosphere (if not for the extreme volume levels)

The food was comparable. Lettuce wraps were better at Changs, Mongolian Chicken better at Lieus, but not by much... Slight edge to PF Changs for food.

Overall slight edge to Lieus over PF Changs, but it's a healthy competition! We WILL be back when the kids have given us all the noise we can handle and we want a quieter bistro experience. We'll take the loud kids to Chang's.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Even on valentines day, at 7PM we were seated within a half hour, it's a big place, and it was crowded. The food was really good, but skip the won ton soup. Our dishes were well seasoned, maybe a tad heavy on the salt. The dining room is modern and really clean, not like most family Chinese restaurants. We would return next time we are in Greenville.

Date of visit: February 2014