“Wow and YUMMM!”

Get food delivered
Ranked #24 of 1,036 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar located in downtown Greenville, South Carolina is a revival of Southern foods and traditions rooted in the Carolina Mountains we call home. Our restaurant serves scratch-made & responsibly sourced Southern food for brun
Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

Serious mistake: I forgot to take photos! Without the photos you might not believe what a fantastic meal we had! Bad me🙁, but I’ll try to do my wordy best!

After sampling beer at Pour Tap Room, sampling beer (see review) we sauntered to Tupelo Honey cafe for dinner.

Our friend who lives here offered up several restaurants for dinner, but wechose Tupelo because we craved southern food, that we don’t get west of the Mississippi.

Our waiters were friendly, helpful and prompt with our drinks and food.

Nice wine, beer and mixed drinks, reasonably priced.

The dinner menu had everything I had been dreaming of having for dinner, but it was difficult to limit how much we ordered! For appetizers we devoured fried pickles, crispy Brussel sprouts and fried green tomatoes with grits. ALL SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Particularly the grits, which were actually the best I have ever had. I’m sorry I didn’t think to order extra to take home with us.

The appetizers could have been enough for dinner, had we any restraint. We went on to order fried chicken with mashed potatoes plus a beet, pecan and goat cheese salad that we all shared. Devoured it all and savored every bite.

The only temperance we showed was by not ordering dessert!

Don’t miss this restaurant if you live in or visit Greenville!

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank edieann

Reviewed 6 October 2020

We went on a Saturday morning...get reservations (we did and were glad). Food was good and choices were numerous. It was on par with other breakfast places...

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 13 September 2020

I know COVID-19 brings stress to all of us, but WOW. My wife and I will never try Tupelo Honey again. We walked into the restaurant (with the mandatory masks on) and instead of being greeted with a helpful, "how can we help you" we were met with a surly "what do you want" by the young woman at the reservations desk. We responded with a surprised " we would like to dine here". She looked at us and told us it would be a two-hour wait. I realize COVID-19 brings 50% capacity to restaurants, but really? So, we walked across the courtyard and dined at Sassafras Southern Bistro. they were very friendly and the food was great.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

Tupelo Honey hit the spot for Sunday brunch for our Greenville vacation! The roasted chicken was incredible, and coupled with the Brussels sprouts, it was near perfection. My wife enjoyed the avocado toast, especially the sriracha honey topping. Medium range prices and outdoor seating made this a wonderful experience. If you want outdoor seating, definitely make a reservation ahead of time.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed Sunday brunch at Tupelo Honey in Greenville. Coffee was hot and strong, southwestern omelet was good (verde salsa was delicious), and chicken and biscuits were good as well. Unfortunately, COVID-19 seems to have taken a toll on the service industry and hospitality wasn’t what we are used to, but we understand everyone has a bad day. Overall, I would say we will return because the food was tasty.

Date of visit: August 2020