See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2017

The hotel is located on US 17 so it was positioned well for our business in Pawley's Island, Murrells Inlet, and North Litchfield.

We checked in an hour early and the front desk representative asked if we'd prefer two beds over the king we had booked but we declined since it would cost an extra fee. Kindly, she looked through her inventory and extended the two-bed room to us at no extra cost. We were shown directions on a property map that showed a pool, but that pool was long ago filled in.

We checked into room 244 and my wife was fairly uncomfortable at the dark and poorly maintained room. It appeared to be clean, but there were strange things like the TV being in front of the mirror (so the top 3-4 inches could be seen, but nothing else) and a strange pattern on the blackout curtain by the window. It turns out it wasn't a pattern at all, just holes in the curtain that let in light where the curtain folded. Upon opening the curtain I got a good and a not so good view.

On the sliding glass doors was a scotch-taped piece of printer paper stating that the door were permanently locked, and this was for good reason, as they led out onto a slanted roof. Out side was a wooden fence that appeared to have burnt at some point and had a 6-10 foot section laying on the ground. On the other hand, if you ignored those really ugly things, the view was kind of amazing- probably 5 miles of marsh to the horizon like some beautiful green prairie.

The bathroom was pretty rough. Water pressure came rhythmically from each faucet and the only towel hanger was missing one side so there was no way to dry a towel in the bathroom. The toilet was the old circular style, so big guy that I am, my knee was pushed into the left wall if I tried to sit and consequently looked for other places to relieve myself whenever we were out of the room.

The rate came with a breakfast which consisted of Sunny Delight, milk, Frosted Flakes and a broken container of Raisin Bran (the bottom half were just crumbs since you'd have to dip from the top if you were bold enough to try them). There were also mini-powdered donuts but we didn't bother to check it on day 2.

The room seemed generally clean considering the very bad physical state of it and the air conditioner was a workhorse. My wife figured out why it was on high when we came in because it make a very loud intermittent noise if we put it on low.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here last weekend while we were visiting Myrtle beach. We had to settle for rodeway inn because most of the hotels in Myrtle beach were booked but we didn't really care because of how cheap it was. So we saw that it was going to be about $197 for two nights. So I made sure I had a little over $200 in my account so I had enough to pay for the room. There was a $98 pre authorization hold on my account so I asked about it and was told that it would go towards paying for the room so I figured they would take the other $98 out after we left. Well when we got back home we noticed that they had taken out the $98 pre auto plus the $197 for two nights! The hotel told me that it would be a few days before they put the $98 back on my account and that there was nothing they could do. So now my account is going to be negative plus there is going to be overdraft fees. They really need to let people know this before they book here. You guys can say "oh well there are posters and stickers hanging up in the lobby that say there will be a hold" but no one is focused on reading papers hanging around while they are trying to check in. And I haven't even got started on how the room was. There was no pool. The fridge did not keep our drinks cold. The alarm clock kept cutting off and on because it was nearly broke. The bathroom door did not shut or lock. There were burn holes all in the carpet and blanket. If it wasn't for the hold on my account that is going to make me broke then I would give maybe 3 stars but this is ridiculous

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

This is an older motel with some good amount of wear and tear. However, our room was clean and the AC worked great. The water was hot and the TV was great as well.Working Microwave and Fridge. I actually ask to view the room before checking in because I had read some bad reviews. We went on a boat tour and was just too tired to drive back the four hours home. It was the only room available in Georgetown. $87 for the night and it was worth it!

Room Tip: I always ask to look at the rooms first in any lower cost motel.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 20 March 2017

This is an old hotel, a clean place with a good bed. Nicely positioned for a view of the bay in the 200-300 room number range. Front Desk staff: exceptional. The parking is a bit strangely laid out, but you simply work with it.

Room Tip: 200-300 room number range, further away from the street and a better view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2017

There's a young black female living in the hotel selling her body ( prostitution ) and the female clerk knows about it - what a damn shame all this going on under their nose's and they are partaking ..

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends