“Frozen Irish coffee!”
Review of St. James Gate

St. James Gate
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Folly Beach
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in here for some drinks and to hang out on a beautiful sunny day. Quickly got hooked on the frozen Irish coffees. They are delicious. Had a bowl of French onion soup that was tasty. The bartender was very friendly. It was a fun place!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stepped in for a Guinness. it was exactly what we expected. its a pub, on the beach. the windows are open to the street. The Hostess [blonde, thick BeanTown accent] was so sweet to us. She really hit it off with my wife. Her Brother K.I.A. was also Marine Infantry and the rest was history. sweet lady you can tell shes part of the place. we will be back.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Great service. Great atmosphere. Good beer selection. We tried the hot crab dip and the Shepard pie. Both were great choices. The front door hostess and our waitress were both very friendly and recognized us the next day. Definitely a fun place to visit while in Folly.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Only stopped at the bar for a drink.

Liked the beer selection and the had Murphy's on tap which was nice

Nice selections of Irish Whisky which bartender let us sample by the shot.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We chose this bar since the web site showed that they offered a sour beer which I am partial to. When we got there, it was even listed on the draught beer menu. So I found another beer that I like but this one was also not available. My next choice was also unavailable but then I did choose one that they had.