All reviews italian restaurant next door room was clean would stay here again pleasant stay stayed one night the staff was great the young lady nice breakfast easy access front desk clerk hot breakfast south carolina waffles convenient location parking lot bw bush
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Pleasant clean hotel with very good room rates conveniently located off of I-26. Totally pleased with our stay. Average hotel breakfast, comfortable bed, a few good restaurants within close driving distance.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We stayed here four nights, and overall, the experience was a good value. The room and hotel felt and looked a bit older, but it was overall clean and maintained well. The remote in our room only seemed to work sporadically, but since we were mostly out and about, this was not a major issue. We did have some trouble with the Internet access. I was able to access it fine, but no one else in my family seemed to be able to do this. Be aware that the 800 help number is available to address connection issues, but might be a bit more involved than you would like and not worth the time, unless wireless is essential for your stay. Did not encounter any shady people as I had read some other reviewers of this hotel did. The price was a bit higher than I wanted to pay for the location, but as this was graduation weekend, I expected the price hike regardless of location (unless I went over 30 minutes outside of Columbia). The breakfast was a nice addition, though I think the milk needed to be kept refrigerated somehow. I know my own family stated that the milk tasted sour, and I noticed more than one person get a bowl of cereal and milk and immediately throw it away. The juice was also a bit watered down. Nothing earth-shattering though -- just a few items to note. Overall, a pleasant stay for the price and location.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2018

no comfort and no drinking water, they do not stock any water in any of the vending machines so they can sell you a 20 cent bottle of water for 1 dollar, then you cant fill your water bottle because the drinking fountain does not work, the couch in the room was so hard and uncomfortable that you could not sit on it for any period of time, the same with the bed felt like some cheap flea market mattress

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Steve P, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear nels0n088

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our number one priority is customer service and we strive to make every guest feel welcome during their stay. We are sorry that you did not enjoy our new sofa and Serta pillow top bed. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Steve P.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Discovered Best Western as a brand to stay at for value and quality and were not disappointed here. Room was nicely furnished and quiet, especially for a state capitol. Front desk clerk was perfect from reservations over the phone in my car to recommendation of local restaurants. Italian restaurant next door was superb. Excellent all the way around.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean and modern and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great. We enjoyed eggs, sausage, cereal, fuice, coffee, muffins, and fruit. We will be staying here the next time we’re in town to go to the zoo!

Trip type: Travelled with family