1,036 results
All reviews ruth's chris front desk self parking within walking distance restaurants and bars great hotel room service state house vista area hotel lobby colonial life arena breakfast buffet south carolina per night usc campus visit columbia convenient location
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I didn't appreciate the Starbucks coffee dispenser that required $2.50 for what I believe was a six-ounce cup.
The location is good, right across the street from the convention center and several fun places to eat and drink.
The bedding was very comfortable. I remember thinking, as I drifted off to sleep, why don't we invest in these pillows so we can experience this soft enveloping more often?
The carpeting is really busy and headache inducing.
Good-sized shower.
There are two "Presidential Suites," one on the 7th floor and one on the 8th. They seemed to be smack dab in the middle of the floor so if your room is anywhere nearby, don't expect to sleep. Expect to maneuver your way through people who may spill out into the hall.
A few places to walk to if you don't want to pay a lot for the Ruth Chris Steakhouse breakfast.

Room tip: Avoid rooms near the presidential suites
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2018

It's a Hilton, you know what you're getting. Here's the extra info: great location! If you are interested in any of the following you will be happy booking a room here: High end, local restaurants; mid-range local restaurants; dive bars; boutique shopping; college campus; museums; ramen; brunch. Cant' stress it enough, the real charm of this hotel is its walking proximity to everything you want to do.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2018

I chose this location as my teenage daughters were attending an anime convention next door. If you need to go to the convention center this is a perfect location. You walk out the front door and take a left and it is right there!I am a diamond Hilton member so a lovely buffet breakfast was available in a table cloth covered sit down restaurant. I much prefer this to the grab and go of everyone in their pajamas in the lobby. The staff was great!The hotel was clean and that is very important to me. The parking as self service was easy and you can go from the garage directly to the lobby of the hotel. It wasn't a noisy hotel. It was close enough to walk to Gervais Street with lots of great restaurants which was so helpful and convenient. I will definitely stay again. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but the service made it worth the cost.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Great downtown location. Very nice rooms. Ruth’s Chris is the restaurant. Appetizers were ok. Nothing special. I’ve had better breakfasts at other regular Hilton restaurants. But room was very nice and clean and front desk people were great.

Date of stay: October 2018
Dylan S, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Debbie D,

Thank you for your feedback on our Hilton Columbia property. We will pass this along to the Ruth's Chris management as well. Please let us know when you will be back so we can ensure your stay is perfect.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Excellent hotel. Staff was friendly and courteous and very polite. Clean hotel lobby, hotel room, no issues with internet connection. I have stayed at this hotel many times whenever I travel for business. Lots of good restaurant options around the hotel as well.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ariel G,

Thank you for your FIVE STAR feedback on our Hilton Columbia Center property. We look forward to hosting you for your next business trip or vacation.