3,201 results
All reviews great location brew pub happy hour historic district cheese and crackers small pool meeting street front desk staff cookies would definitely stay here again downtown charleston walked everywhere boutique hotel the entire staff city market few blocks wonderful hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great location and the free parking is good. However the room was very expensive for what you get - it was a very small room and a tiny bathroom. We had an issue with the air conditioning not being able to be switched off so didn't get a good night's sleep, we did inform reception but were not offered any compensation. We were also hoping that the bar would be a bit different to just a 'normal' hotel bar but sadly this wasn't the case. The breakfast was good value for money though.

Room Tip: Ask to look at room before choosing as some very small.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie C
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I apologize for the less than pleasant visit. Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Please know we do offer larger guest rooms on your next visit. I hope you will provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had an excellent stay at the King Charles last week. Our room was nicely furnished and beds were extremely comfortable. Unfortunately we had to evacuate Monday cutting our stay short....but the staff was very helpful with check out and routes out of the city! Great location and easy to get around the city. Winner!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary beth C

Thank you for choosing the King Charles Inn! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Charleston experience!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Carriage ride and Magnolia Plantation. Ate at 82 Queen & Poogans Porch. Excellent. King Charles Inn made all of our reservations and they were great. Home now and getting through Hurricane Florence. Thankful we have electricity.

Stayed: September 2018
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Wow, it sounds like you enjoyed your visit to Charleston! Thank you for choosing the King Charles Inn! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Can’t say enough about how much we enjoyed this hotel. Great location, The room and the beds were extremely comfortable, They were doing a little remodeling so they offered us cocktails and appetizers every night for the inconvenience, which we didn’t even notice. The staff was excellent, The were very helpful with recommendations. Our tripped was planned for the Saturday before the anticipation of Hurricane Florence and we were contemplating canceling. They were so accommodating and said they would be totally flexible if we cancelled. We decided to go but had to leave a day early due to the evacuation scheduled for the next day. They were not hesitant to refund the nights stay..True southern hospitality,

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackie M

I am disappointed to hear you had to check out a day early but hope you can return again soon! Thank you for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

This is the second time I have stayed at the King Charles Inn and it was just as great as I remembered it. First off the location is amazing you are just minutes away from everything downtown. The staff here is always extremely pleasant and genuine. They were going through a renovation at the time of my stay and called me in advance to let me know and mention some of the ways they would make up for it. It was really nice to hear form them in advance, I have had times when I stay at a hotel and I don't find out about these things until I am physically checking in. So thank you King Charles Inn for another memorable stay, I am happy to call you my home away from home anytime I am in Charleston!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Your loyalty means so much to us! Thank you for the kind words! We hope to see you again soon!