All reviews king street omelette station omelette bar historic district order omelettes full kitchen indoor pool fire pit self parking small kitchen public garage uber ride separate bedroom min walk per day nice hotel within walking distance
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Let me preface this review to say that we only stayed one night as a transition to our next stop. The hotel is immaculate and the front desk staff are great! Parking costs up $18 at the neighboring deck as there is no hotel parking except valet. The rooms are comfortable, spacious, and quiet. We had an unfortunate experience of a laundry room door banging across from us but the staff quickly offered to change rooms and/or items from the snack shop. Great customer service. The showers are huge but the water pressure is not to my personal liking, just a preference.

Breakfast the next morning left a little to be desired. No plates were clean, ran out of silverware so I ate my food with a spoon. It appears they have too few staff for too many breakfast goers. Needless to say, I’ve had better at smaller hotels in less “touristy” areas. That’s the only fault I see is the breakfast.

I would return here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Tammy J, Manager at Hyatt House Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for your review, Tommy S. We are so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us on your transition stop! Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff members; we so appreciate it! I do apologize that your breakfast experience was not up to par, I will definitely address this with our kitchen manager.

We hope to welcome you back to Charleston in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We have visited Charleston many times over the years. First time in a while though. Stayed at Hyatt House. Very comfy, good bed and shower, excellent air conditioning which is nice this time of year...

Walked to market about a mile, but had never spent much time on King St. previously. Really cool area with a lot of bars, bistros, French cuisine and gastropubs nearby. Easy Uber or walk around the city - just a few more steps, but a much better price.

Free breakfast was good, and close to several great breakfast spots also.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, robertojohnd787. We are so happy that you were able to try our new hotel here in Charleston and even more happy that you enjoyed yourself! We love being in the upper King area as it does tend to show the city a bit differently than the market area; I am glad you were able to experience it!

We hope to welcome you back to Charleston in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This was our first time in CLT and we stayed at the Hyatt House downtown Charlotte NC. I would recommend it highly. It is righ in the middle of all the activities, restaurants, coffee shops, entertainment- all within walking distance. The hotel has a very nice pool and workout room, very clean and not busy. They offer a complimentary breakfast, very good and food for everyone. We parked using he concierge service, the attendants were very accommodating. Our flight home did not leave until later in the day and Antonio at the front desk was very kind in giving us a complimentary late check out so that we didn’t have to spend hours sitting at the airport, instead we were able to relax by the pool and clean up before leaving for the airport. Antonio was very kind and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to families, couples, and business travellers.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This was an amazing experience the staff was incredible very friendly the breakfast was delicious, the room couldn't have been any better . I will definitely be staying here again in the future and will definitely recommend to to friends

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Tammy J, Manager at Hyatt House Charleston - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review, sidefxkelly! And thank you so much for the recommendation and wonderful words about our hotel and staff members. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hyatt House for 3 nights. We LOVED the Hyatt House!!! The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable about both the hotel as well as the city and directions. The facility was super clean and beautiful, and breakfast was always hot and delicious! Our room was upgraded to a suite and it was gorgeous! The hotel was our favorite thing about our stay, and I would recommend it to anyone!

The reason that I am giving it 4 stars are the following reasons:

(1) My husband chose this hotel partly because everything else showed a parking fee, this place did not. However, upon arrival we found that you have to pay no less than $18 per day to park in the public parking attached to the hotel, it cost more the more you leave and come back.
(2) I was not impressed with the area of town that this hotel is in. I found it to be to far from the market, the water front park and anything else. You can however, take the free shuttle to and from the hotel, it is just very crowded.
(3) Breakfast was great, however, it is a tad organized and that may be the fault of the guests and not so much the staff.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, Crystal M! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Charleston. Thank you for your wonderful words regarding our property and our staff members; I will be sure to pass this along to everyone!

We hope to welcome you back in the future.